No announcement yet.

AR counties can sure suck sometimes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are you upset a buck you really want to shoot isn't 13" ? Are there not any other legal bucks on the property?

Comment

Smoke em, what they dont know wont hurt em.lol

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        Gillespie isn’t an AR county.

As far as the buck in the original post I’d bet he’s 13”+. He also satisifies the spirit of the law in that he’s mature.
        I've given up trying to judge them on the hoof, we had a road killed buck last year that looked 3.5 all day long, had the teeth aged and he was 7.5! I killed a 11pt years ago that ended up being only 2.5, that one made me sick, you just never know. As far as yours, I don't think he makes 13.
        Last edited by bossbowman; 12-14-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          It isn’t a money grab. You guys make me laugh. Their citations goto a JP. You want them to do their job but just not when you violate the law. They can’t give you permission to violate the law and then issue citationsn to next guy. You guys ask them if you can break the law and expect them to actually say yes?

This^^^^^^!!!!!

SMDH!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

AR counties can sure suck sometimes.

I passed a mature bodied 10 a few weeks ago because he was right at the ears. His forehead looked broad, I'd bet he was 13+, but it wasn't worth the gamble to be.
            His right G2 was broke off so watching him walk away wasn't too gut wrenching.

I'm still a fan of AR's for that county, it's made the possibility of a large deer a possibility where it rarely existed before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

No not really upset. Just a discussion about a system that’s not perfect. I didn’t even start the thread looking for someone to talk us into shooting him. Along with pics I don’t think he Passes the eye test either. There are several younger bucks that are legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                I passed a mature bodied 10 a few weeks ago because he was right at the ears. His forehead looked broad, I'd bet he was 13+, but it wasn't worth the gamble to be.
                His right G2 was broke off so watching him walk away wasn't too gut wrenching.

I'm still a fan of AR's for that county, it's made the possibility of a large deer a possibility where it rarely existed before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Yeah its not perfect but talk to any taxidermist whos been doing work since the rules change and they will tell you how big a difference its made compared to 10 years ago!
                Last edited by bossbowman; 12-14-2018, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Got couple pics of this old bruiser last year in northwest austin. Some will just never make AR. ,

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                    lol, not even close. Check the pic again, he's inside the ears.
                    Soooooooooooooooooo, you're sayin all deer's ears are exactly 13 inches in width???
                    I think he's wider than what yall think. I've measured a lot of full grown deer and just about all of them were 16+ inches ear tip to ear tip.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                      Soooooooooooooooooo, you're sayin all deer's ears are exactly 13 inches in width???
                      I think he's wider than what yall think. I've measured a lot of full grown deer and just about all of them were 16+ inches ear tip to ear tip.
                      All the ones I have measured have been closer to 16 than 13 also

Comment

I agree it is not a perfect system. I just laugh at the guys that say its done for money for he state. I also laugh at the guys that act like a Game Warden has a magic wand and can allow someone to violate the law because they fell like it is the right thing to do. They are not hired to write the laws they are there for enforcement. they are not there to enforce them on just the people they think did it on purpose and let the ones go that did it for the right reason. I find it humorous that someone would think it works in this manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                          Got couple pics of this old bruiser last year in northwest austin. Some will just never make AR. ,

That deer was probably legal 5 years ago in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            Gillespie isn’t an AR county.

Good point... that detail got by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo47 View Post
                              Everyone who says he will make it, send them a PM and ask if they'll help you with the fine if you shoot it!......Crickets, and the season will be over!
                              Head shoot him when he's facing you right between the antlers, they'll measure 13" for sure, just saying..............lol!

The spirit of the law is TPWD no longer wants that quality of deer breeding, so TPWD has hunters shooting only the bucks with wide spreads ????.
                              Last edited by Thumper; 12-14-2018, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                                So how are you measuring a dead deers ears? How are you getting them to stay in an alert position?

Comment

Working...
                                X