No announcement yet.

Christmas Lights Revelation !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My question is will they come out and replace any bulbs that burn out during the season?
    Always drives me nuts when a week after you put them up, a bulb burns out and it stands out all season

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
      I’m getting real close to paying someone to do mine. Would you mind posting up some pics?
      I'll take some tonight and post them up. Admittedly, my house is only a single story with about 4 gables and an entry archway.

If I had a team of 4 guys running with me, it would not be near as difficult as I make it to be by myself, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
        My question is will they come out and replace any bulbs that burn out during the season?
        Always drives me nuts when a week after you put them up, a bulb burns out and it stands out all season
        These are commercial grade - the light goes out, and it's just that light I believe. They actually have a line they string up, and the bulbs are separate.

They left me a bag of bulbs.

Comment

The way i look at it is $250 is much cheaper then being dead or injured.

I put mine on the Gutters and pay a guy $50 to do the gables and get on the roof.

Comment

I use to put up lights on the house, spiral trees in the yard and net lights on the shrubs, that is until some low life creep/creeps destroyed about $800 of spiral trees i had in the yard with a pipe or bat. Now my wife puts up 3 small artificial trees w/lights on our porch and that is it. You work hard to make your house look nice at Christmas and some a-hole ruins it then the Christmas spirit just goes out the window.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsaxNehMibg"]The little lights are not twinkling - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

We pay a local group of firemen $275 to do it and it's awesome. We just give them a buzz when a bulb is burned out and it's replaced within 24 hrs. They leave them in a storage bin when they take them down and I store it. The next year I leave it on the front porch and the lights are up when I get home from work.

Comment

Guys are on my roof right now. Paid to have it done once and I will NEVER do it myself again. The day I can't afford to pay someone else to do it, is the day that we no longer have Christmas lights.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    Just completed my annual ritual on Sunday:

1) Go in the attic and pull down the 10 lighted wreaths we hang on the the windows that face the street

2) Plug them all in to test the lights

3) Utter first cuss word of the Yuletide season

4) Try to decide if I should attempt to convince my wife to blow off the decorations for this year.

5) Go to WalMart and buy more lights.

7) Rewrap the wreaths with the new lights and test them again

8) Second cuss word uttered.

9) Back to WalMart to exchange just-purchased lights that don't work.
                    (still stubbornly refusing to buy the expensive LEDs)

9) Finally get all wreaths to light up

10) Borrow extension ladder from neighbor

11) Get reminded that my balance is not what it used to be as I climb 30 feet up holding a wreath in my teeth so I can use both hands on the ladder

12) Back to Walmart because I can't find the extension cords

13) Hey it works!

14) Swear I am going to either pay someone to do this next year or leave them up year round

Buy the LEDs, John.

Comment

I had a christmas light installation company years ago. Made a killing but the hours were crazy as there were always more houses to do but never enough time to do them all.

Now when it comes to my own house I want to pay someone and the wife is like "but you used to do this!"

Needless to say I spent last weekend on the roof....

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        If this isn't the truth!

$250 for the put up and take down.

First year, you buy the lights, or you can buy the commercial grade yourself, and they will put them up.

They take them down, and then you store them.
                        I paid for it the first time this year. Looks like I got hosed.....

Comment

I do my own, for now. I like to mix in some diet coke with Forty Creek to get in the "Spirit" of the holidays. I am pretty sure I violate every known electrical code there is. It is fun for me and I enjoy doing the outside lights, the Christmas tree lights inside is a whole other story. We have two pre=lit trees that every freaking year I am having to add more lights due to sections going bad. I take scissors and start cutting light wires and cussing all things living. We actually left one of the trees up all year, it is in our den and matches the decor my wife tells me.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo6 View Post
                            I had a christmas light installation company years ago. Made a killing but the hours were crazy as there were always more houses to do but never enough time to do them all.

Now when it comes to my own house I want to pay someone and the wife is like "but you used to do this!"

Needless to say I spent last weekend on the roof....
                            I will trade you. I literally taught some of the best in the business how to light for 10 years when I served as Director of Field Ops for a National franchise,Christmas Decor. And yet on sat as I walked out of the house with a drill in my hands to mount a wreath with masonry anchors, my wife says “Are you sure you know what you are doing?” Seriously woman!

Comment

Pay me and I will go shoot your deer for you too

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Pay me and I will go shoot your deer for you too
                                They have LED filets?

Comment

Working...
                                X