Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I said I was done mounting animals but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said I was done mounting animals but.....

My good buddy Dean is running a drought special on his farm, T-4 Exotics.
    Mark and I went out there with the intention of killing a couple of Axis does.
    He has his daily fee cut in half and really low prices on his does due to the fact that it has not rain there in 8 months.

Back when I was there before the first of the year hunting whitetails, I saw a really big Black-buck but I was determined to control myself and just shoot does to help remove some animals.
    The first set I had the Buck come in but missed my chance at him and was relieved and doubled my determination to just shoot does.
    An hour later I had a Fallow doe pose "Just Right" and I whacked her with a 1-7/8" cut GK head and watched her fall 30 yards from the blind.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fallow.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	25138753

The next morning I was waiting on Axis and a big old Aoudad female came in and I was once again thrilled to watch my arrow go right where i was looking. She ran out of sight but I knew she was done with the bright yellow feathers sticking out straight up the leg.

Name:	Bagleyaou.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	25138754

By this point I knew I was struggling with my lack of control but decided I would just shoot one of every kind of doe. Still maintaining my goal of not mounting anything ( I just sold my farm along with 84 shoulder mounts).

The next day I set out mid day still needing a Axis doe and a Black-buck doe and my heart started thumping when I saw a large group of BB does coming through the brush. We had put some Alfalfa at 12 yards but the Sheep would not let the BB at it. They moved back and forth for 15 minutes with none giving me a shot.
    At last the sheep got their fill and move back. I was putting the starvation stare on a doe that was facing me waiting for the shot to open up when out of the corner of my eye I saw the big BB walking across. Before I had a chance to get a hold of myself, he tripped my "It is getting away switch" and the arrow was away hitting the BB right in the arm pit.
    He left there in a dead run with most of my arrow hanging out. I was mighty relieved that Dean had let me bring Bagley. We took up the trail and after a couple of hundred yards I spotted the buck walking ahead of us. I dropped the lead rope and Bagley quickly knocked the buck off his feet.

Name:	bagleybb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	25138756

When we skinned the buck, the arrow had not entered the rib cage.
    It had turned cutting a 8" gash down the out side of the ribs passing between the ribs and shoulder blade then out through the neck.

I promised myself I was done mounting animals and was only going to hang Andy's Axis and the bushpig mounts but when Dean measured the buck it appears he will rank number 5 or 6 all time in the TBBR (LSBA record book)
    So I pretty much have to get him mounted

Name:	Aoudad.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	25138755

Name:	BB.jpg
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	25138757

I never did get a shot a an Axis although did see a lot But my BFF Chunky shot one that weighed 120 pounds

Name:	chunkey.jpg
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	25138758

Heck of a weekend. Congrats!

Comment

Very busy weekend, congrats.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Talk about a killing weekend.

Does he still have does that need to go? I have an itch that needs scratched and freezer is a little light. Pricing?

Comment

Lol...Congrats! I know the feeling all to well now. Heck of a black buck too!

Comment

heck of a hunt!
              Congrats!

Comment

Restraint of a puppy!!! That's the best line I've ever heard to describe you!!![emoji2]
                That's a great weekend! Blackbuck are my soft spot. I prolly would turned one loose on him myself! Great weekend!! Much better than ours!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good shooting there Buff. Congratulations on the does and also that huge blackbuck with your trusty bow. Your hunting success keeps that bow hunting fire burning in all of us.

Comment

Marty, that BB is a hoss!! That sucker would'a tripped my trigger too! Gonna make a beautiful mount! Congratulations on your perfect lack of "control"... I don't know if you're a bad influence on Andy or he's a bad influence on you... Sure hope I don't catch whatever ails you two!!

Comment

more pictures

Name:	IMG_2345.jpg
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	24530880

Name:	IMG_2343.jpg
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	24530881

Name:	IMG_2339.jpg
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	24530882

Name:	IMG_2325.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	24530883

Name:	IMG_2322.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	24530884

Comment

[ATTACH]897527[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]897528[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]897529[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]897530[/ATTACH]

Comment

I need to get there and shoot a turkey!!! I am not sure why, but I want one.

Oh, and Charlie. Buff was a bad influence on me. My bank account doesn't like him at all

Comment

Awesome hunting. Congrats

Comment

Done mounting animals?

I don't think I even know you anymore!

Comment

Working...
                              X