How to find free or cheap place to hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to find free or cheap place to hunt

Many people know how to do this. There is that constant question though of how did you find your lease or where is the best website to look for a lease.

I've been lazy about it. This past 2 weeks I decided to sit down for an hour and look for some new places to hunt close to home.

I used onx maps and mailaletter.com and sent out 40 letters to landowners near me. The letter introduced myself, mentioned the property in question, and the reason for my letter (permission to hunt).

The letters were delivered Friday, and as of today Sunday, I have gotten 4 responses so far. 10% in 2 days isn't bad at all... 2 let me know someone already hunted it and that they would call me again if that changed. The other 2 granted permission to hunt. 620 acres, and 320 acres. Total cost so far has been the cost of onx ($30) and $50 in the mail service.
    Attached Files

Comment

Good info thanks

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

That's some great info.
          I've never heard of either of those services.

Comment

Comment

It prolly takes more time but I've found property owners via county appraisal office for free.

Some counties aren't as easy to navigate

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Wow...

No go find me some places

That really is a great use of technology. Thanks for putting it out there. Time get my teenager busy

Comment

This is awesome. Great suggestion. Way to put in the work. I really hope it pays off for you! Would you mind sharing some of the contents of your letter you wrote?

Comment

Good to know

Comment

And there goes all the cheap and free places to hunt

Comment

Working...
                        X