USAA Banking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
    I wouldn’t quit them that easy. Had them for years and love them. My CC is around 8 percent. Many different options for credit cards with them. Don’t let one dumb employee ruin it for you.
    We love our Usaa product package, never had a problem with bank , claims

Comment

USAA slowly raised my Auto Insurance to $380.00 a month. 2 cars, no claims or tickets. Rep said due to the amount of Texas claims everyone insurance was increased. Went to Statefarm last week. Same coverage $208.00 a month.

2017 F250
      2017 Lexus RCF

Comment

Originally posted by oldtestamentman View Post
        One of the safest banks in the US.
        Only problem is limited bank locations and ATMs.
        I still insure my cars and homes with them, but moved my money to Wells Fargo because there are more Wells branches than Starbuck locations.. Wells is also one of the biggies that it too big to ever fail...
        I agree Wells Fargo is one one of the biggest crooks. I can tell you this, they are hurting for New Business, Personal Accts. They are not making there numbers anymore. Every since they were busted thing have gotten tuff for them. Every quarterly report, continues to show them trending down. They are still laying off workers, never a good sign. Your never to big to fail.

Comment

I have USAA for home/auto insurance and banking and have zero complaints. I had a real great experience with their homeowners insurance after Hurricane Harvey. I'm talking about money in my account in less than 24 hours after my claim (for food) and money in my account in less than 72 hours after they came to look at the house. Granted all of my experiences has been for personal and not for business.

I will say my opinion may be a little biased as both of my parents have worked for USAA for over 35 years and it's all I've ever known. That being said I haven't had a reason to look anywhere else.

Comment

I use USAA and Navy Federal Credit Union. They both have their good and bad. I use them as tools and play them against each other. Shop around is what my dad always told me to do and not be afraid to move or ask for what you want.

YMMV

Comment

If ya pay it off every month, I hear the rate is 0%

I'm with USAA and they will make changes if you go far enough up the ladder.

When I first got auto insurance with them, they came down almost 200 a month over the first quote they gave me after a bit of a talking-to.

Comment

Not trying to be a smart *****, if you have $50k in cash in the same bank why carry a balance on a company CC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
                  Not trying to be a smart *****, if you have $50k in cash in the same bank why carry a balance on a company CC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  I use the CC for all business based transactions and reward points. The other accounts are kids savings, self employment tax savings, personal savings and checking.

If what I experienced today is "customer service" then they have a long way to go!!! I've been in the service industry since 99 and know what "customer service" should be.

Comment

I have been with USAA home and auto for 40 years and am becoming increasingly unhappy with them.

I have never used the banking products.

Comment

My experience with USAA has been nothing but positive.

Comment

Yes I contacted the employees supervisor and the supervisors boss as well. My realtor was so annoyed at their service she was filing a complaint as well. We almost lost the house over the screw ups.

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                        Did you "complain" to management about this? No way it is going to be fixed unless management gets facts-based feedback (and not emotion-based).

Comment

Originally posted by texglocker View Post
                          Yes I contacted the employees supervisor and the supervisors boss as well. My realtor was so annoyed at their service she was filing a complaint as well. We almost lost the house over the screw ups.
                          Hope management took note and made some changes so no one else gets that type of service. Thank you for following through.

Comment

I've only had them since I joined the AF in 2006, and for the bare basics they are good, but service has increasingly been going downhill.

I'm anti credit card/debt whenever possible. They cancelled my CC through them while I was deployed and automatically mailed me a new one to my home in Texas. I called before I was due to rotate back to the states and essentially got a lecture from the lady about needing to have more than one card and contingency plans incase that happens. That CC was my back up, I use my debit/CC through them as my primary. Their Auto and Home loans are a joke. The only reason I'm still with them is because of all my international travel and lack of fees and overseas ATM use.

Oh, and since it was founded by AF Officers, they have an extreme bias to Officers in general and AF Officers in particular. Only bank I've ever heard of that'll give you a 0-1% loan for $20k without even applying just for commissioning.

Comment

[QUOTE=texsdr;13202828]USAA slowly raised my Auto Insurance to $380.00 a month. 2 cars, no claims or tickets. Rep said due to the amount of Texas claims everyone insurance was increased. Went to Statefarm last week. Same coverage $208.00 a month.

2017 F250
                              2017 Lexus RCF[/QUOT

Same for us

Comment

Have nothing bad to say either. They haven't been competitive on some loans in the past couple years - so they didn't get my business on those. Still bank with them and have a credit card. Tried the 2.5% card and said I wasn't eligible yet. Haven't found anyone that would beat their banking.

Comment

Working...
                                X