No announcement yet.

Any TBH Billiards Players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well now that deer season is over, i have been shooting a little 8ball again. Im having fun learning the game anew.

Comment

I kept Madhatters 500 bucks folded up in the corner of my wallet all winter be he never did come get it.

Comment

9 ball and 8 ball kept spending money in my wallet when I was in college. Mainly 9 ball, money on the 9 and the 5 balls.

Been a long time since I played though, a really long time.

Now I want to play some pool.

I don't even know where my cue is that Jerry Olivier made for me.

Comment

This brings back memories! Both of my grandfathers had pool halls in their basement I grew up in. I still have my grandfathers custom graphite cue and had a McDermott made for myself I plan to give to my son once he’s through the college phase of life. We had a fun crew of guys at UH that would play various tourneys around town while trying to dodge trouble. Not sure I could ever pick it up again to that degree knowing the hours we spent playing and missing classes.

As a kid I remember watching Minnesota Fats play in Galveston and thought I met the President, haaaa
          Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 02-21-2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
            Yes he is.

If 8 ball is more your speed check this one out. Happened a couple months ago.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vKD7EdzMjAM

Holy smokes that was legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chapo View Post
              I never was very good at pool. Had a buddy that was outstanding at it. Running the table on guys at the bar will make them mad. Doing it with the mop handle from behind the bar will get you into a fight every time

Used to be a guy in Salado that would shoot with a broom once folks wanted to start making bets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Well now that deer season is over, i have been shooting a little 8ball again. Im having fun learning the game anew.
                That private place you talking about on 94 in hudson? Man seeing this post sure makes me miss Garons pool hall. We used to go 3-4 nights a week and play there. He had the best table ever and only place I would use house cues when i didn't bring mine. Jimanns has decent tables for a bar and now theres no smoking in there so its not too bad. I haven't played in years though.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                  I have a very nice table in my house but rarely play.
                  Same here, my daughter and her friends have taken over my man cave. Maybe I can start a Tbh fun league with darts. FYI fireball is usually involved, the way I play.

Comment

I love to play snooker and one pocket. I wish there was a good place to play snooker here in the DFW metromess.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      I kept Madhatters 500 bucks folded up in the corner of my wallet all winter be he never did come get it.
                      I'm here, and hunting is over. Let's get it on .

Comment

Originally posted by 300rem7 View Post
                        I love to play snooker and one pocket. I wish there was a good place to play snooker here in the DFW metromess.
                        There is, the Billiard Den in Richardson. Also about 2 dozen other snooker tables scattered around if you know where to find em.
                        You can throw a rock in any direction, and hit 50, 1 pocket players.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          There is, the Billiard Den in Richardson. Also about 2 dozen other snooker tables scattered around if you know where to find em.
                          You can throw a rock in any direction, and hit 50, 1 pocket players.
                          I am obviously looking in all the wrong places for a snooker table. The only one that I have been able to locate is Dave and Busters in Dallas. Can you either post or PM me a list of places, preferably on the FW side.

I learned to play at Wilt's in Arlington which closed many years ago.

Comment

Found this old thread and have a question for you pros. I’ve always been an above average non-player. Just played a ton in college (15 years ago). My neighbor and I hang out quite a bit and he recently put a nice 8’ table in his house. We play fairly often but we’ve only ever had crappy sticks. The beat being a $50 graphite cue from Academy.

I want to get into a nice set of cues but don’t know what I’m looking for. I am fairly handy at putting English on the ball but need to be way better.

Should I be looking for 1 do it all cue? Should I have a fat tipped 25oz breaking cue?

Also, if I go to a billiards store can I demo them or am I better off listening to advice here and ordering online?

I tend to gravitate towards heavier cues when available, love a 21oz stick.

Take me to school please.

Comment

I'm curious if the match ever happened between Garguy and Madhatter.

Comment

Played APA for 2 years when I was serving in Fort Worth. Great memories.

Comment

Working...
                                X