When to put cameras back out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to put cameras back out?

I have always run cameras 24/7 but this year I decided to pull all of them in hopes of extending the life and avoiding the south Texas heat for a few months. For those that don’t run cameras all the time, when do you put them back out typically. I was thinking about mid July.

I put in a few this week to check out a new spot I was hoping to hunt. Plus I just like knowing what’s in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just went and put a couple out this past weekend. We needed to head up there to repair a feed pen anyways so I put 2 of the cameras out. I don't have my covert turned on and probably gonna try to wait till end of Aug for that

Comment

Mid July is good you usually can tell what the bucks horns are going to look like by then !

Comment

Got on a new place this year. Going to put a couple of cameras out this weekend while out scouting. will add some more cameras by August.

Comment

I also put them back out in August, it can be fun to watch them grow in velvet.

Comment

It’s time

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

It’s time

looking good man

i am going to get 2 spots up this weekend, not sure when i can make it to the other one.

Comment

I only have a camera on the protein right now and a couple more on heavily shaded trails. I have a problem with "runaway picture" syndrome in the heat of mid summer. I don't get the rest of them running until September.

Comment

I saw three pretty good bucks running together the other day. I was surprised at their growth and I think I “know” who one of them was. It got me pumped up so I’m going to put a few cameras out on Friday.

Comment

Just did this past Sunday

Comment

Its time!!!!!

Comment

I keep them out all year around. I just don't check them as often as I due during the season.

Comment

August

Comment

Mine are up lots of hogs and a few doe one is still prego ?? New spot camera went up last sunday . Looking forward to seeing horns

Comment

Working...
                              X