Able-Bodied Required to Work Under Trump’s New Food Stamp Reform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Able-Bodied Required to Work Under Trump’s New Food Stamp Reform

Simply put, I love it. That alone could be a boost in the economy not having so many on welfare and food stamps. Not to mention the ones that actually go get a job.

Go ahead and spew about those that need it. Blaaaaa Blaaaaa
    I'm all for the deserving getting what they deserve. But we all know that there are far too many freeloaders out there receiving benefits that could work if they wanted.

When does this go into affect?

Comment

When the courts say so. Lol

Comment

I hope it goes into effect. It should've been that way the whole time. I think it was Virginia that did this & saw a 75% drop in assistance takers, or 75% went to work.

Comment

From what I've read this is just in his new budget plan and is in the Welfare Reform part of it.
          Notes:
          Today, there are some 4.2 million nonelderly able-bodied adults without dependent children currently receiving food stamp benefits. Few are employed. The cost of benefits to this group is around $8.5 billion per year.

In December 2014, Maine imposed a work requirement on this category of recipients. Under the policy, no recipient had his benefits simply cut. Instead, recipients were required to undertake state-provided training or to work in community service six hours per week.

Nearly all affected recipients chose to leave the program rather than participate in training or community service. As a result, the Maine caseload of able-bodied adults without dependent children dropped 80 percent in just a few months.

A similar work requirement for able-bodied adults without dependents, imposed nationwide, would save the taxpayer $80 billion over the next decade.

Even this would be a pittance compared to the $3.6 trillion the federal government will spend on cash, food, and housing benefits over that period.

Comment

Originally posted by Wtex View Post
            Simply put, I love it. That alone could be a boost in the economy not having so many on welfare and food stamps. Not to mention the ones that actually go get a job.

Go ahead and spew about those that need it. Blaaaaa Blaaaaa
            I'm all for the deserving getting what they deserve. But we all know that there are far too many freeloaders out there receiving benefits that could work if they wanted.
            He should also add that any non-citizen can't receive any kind of government assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
              He should also add that any non-citizen can't receive any kind of government assistance.
              Yep.....and new citizens can't recoeve it for 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                WORD

Comment

Fantastic, maybe that will get us back to getting the good hard working immigrants we used get. the free sandwich eaters can go to Europe and rejoice in the generosity of the new caliphate. Until the heads start rolling that is.

Comment

The problem I see is that once all these couch riding mail money recipients loose their check then they we revert to steeling from us working folk that have something. But that's fine too because the state of Texas allows me to protect myself and my own with deadly force.

Comment

this

Comment

It will be interesting to follow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe Georgia did the same not to long ago and participation was drastically reduce.

I'm all for offering a helping hand with term limits. Anything other than that is enabling, anyone with common sense knows enabling is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            I believe Georgia did the same not to long ago and participation was drastically reduce.

I'm all for offering a helping hand with term limits. Anything other than that is enabling, anyone with common sense knows enabling is wrong.
                            I have long been a fan of this sort of dream legislation. I am certainly for helping the indigent and "working poor" but if they are to receive our money, I would like to see these caveats implemented as well:

1. Employment mandate
                            A) must remain employed with good standing
                            B) firing will result in 2 year prohibition on receiving benefits

2. Drug & alcohol testing
                            A) positive results, two year prohibition

3. No free school lunches
                            A) make your kid a sammich

Comment

Things do get abused, but in reading this responses, it's clear that a lot of us get pretty out of touch.

I vote to get rid of the truly major welfare recipients like the defense industry, Israel, and the Saudis... that will probably spike some of yall's blood pressures, but I implore you to do the math.

Comment

Working...
                              X