Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a F-150 or a Tundra? Have a seat and let's chat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell me;

What do you have?
    V8? Realistically what mileage are you getting?
    What is your favorite feature about your truck?

Long story short, I have an 05 Dodge CTD CCSB with 350K miles on it and while its still a great truck, it needs some TLC before my son takes it over. So I'm looking for a new pick-up.

Where and who was your salesman? Would you buy from them again?

Do a search, been talked about numerous times. Alot good info.

Comment

I was casually looking a few months ago and loved the Tundra. What I didn’t like was the crew cab doesn’t have a 6.5’ bed option. Likely a deal killer for me. Just something to keep in mind.

Comment

My friend who owns a mechanic shop just got a Tundra a few months ago through a deal he made and was planning on selling it once he got it. Long story short, it is now his daily driver and he said he would never buy any other brand of 1/2 ton.

Comment

16 tundra 5.7. Gets almost 16 combination mpg. Over 100,00 on it no problems. My daughter has my own with 370,000 miles . Interior is falling apart. Other than timing belt replacement, one rack& pinion and ps pump, no problems. Never even had ac serviced.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasWicked1 View Post
            Tell me;

What do you have?

Long story short, I have an 05 Dodge CTD CCSB with 350K miles on it and while its still a great truck, it needs some TLC before my son takes it over. So I'm looking for a new pick-up.

Hell no. GM all the way. If it not’s broke don’t fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

‘18 F150 4X4 XLT 4 door with shorter bed.

17.4 MPG on the life of the truck, has 45K miles.

I am a lead foot in the city.

The transmission sounds horrible and I keep thinking it is going to fail at any time. The Sync module has been replaced twice under warranty, and still gets goofy at times.

Other than that, I really like the truck. I like the space, the ride, it’s quiet, comfortable, etc.

It is a company vehicle, so no real emotional connection with it (not that I have had with any vehicle in my life).

My last company truck was a Chev 1500. I will be nice and merely state I would never buy a GM product after that train wreck of a vehicle. I would even put Ram WAY above the list of a GM product.

Comment

If you are buying a truck and worried about mpg, Tundra is not for you (I own one and had several).

We run multiple ford 5.0's in our fleet, they are in and out of the shop with intake issues and other recalls. Overall a nice truck, but my daily is still a Tundra.

If you want a contact at Toyota Dealership, family Toyota of Burleson GM is a friend of ours.

Good luck with decision!

Originally posted by TexasWicked1 View Post
                Tell me;

What do you have?

Comment

2012 Tundra Dbl Cab
                  Small V8
                  16 ish MPG highway
                  140K miles with no major issues besides door locks and headlights going out

Purchased from Toyota of Richardson and would use them again. Online sales reps only have 1 chance to sell to you so don’t have to deal with BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by bmac; 02-05-2021, 04:17 PM.

Comment

F150, the latest of several I’ve bought from Johnston Ford in New Boston. I can’t trade with him, but I can buy from him.

5.0 V8 gets 16/17 mpg all the time 20/21 on the Interstate.

Favorite feature. You can ride it hard and put it up wet ! You can’t run fast enough to give me a GM product.

Comment

2008 Tundra 6cyl. 208,000 miles, runs like a top. Kept up with maintenance and never any major expenditures. Fixin to trade my wife out for her 2015 Tundra 4x4 with all the bells and whistles.

Comment

Tundra here. Best half ton I have driven. Leveled ,2 size bigger tires over stock. Drive like the old man I am. 15 mpg on hwy going 65-70. Get over 70 & about 13.

Comment

2010 Tundra w/ the 5.7
                          113K on the clock
                          I have to put gas in it
                          I have to get the oil changed
                          Fixed two door locks
                          Brake Booster replaced
                          Next truck will be a Tundra

Comment

Mike D and Rubi will be here shortly..

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                              If you are buying a truck and worried about mpg, Tundra is not for you (I own one and had several).

We run multiple ford 5.0's in our fleet, they are in and out of the shop with intake issues and other recalls. Overall a nice truck, but my daily is still a Tundra.

If you want a contact at Toyota Dealership, family Toyota of Burleson GM is a friend of ours.

Good luck with decision!
                              I'm not very concerned with the mileage. I just understand that numbers on the sticker are like IBO speeds on a new bow, lol.

I drive 19.8 miles a day during the week, but occasionally will have to deliver flooring to a client, but in that case I would drive my Dodge anyway.

I have been looking at these two brands for the last couple months, between cargurus, cars.com, and AT, and from what I have gatered;

F-150 with a V8 has comfort ride and rides more like a Lincoln than a truck.
                              Tundra is a more rigid feeling and rides like a truck. Not like my Dodge 2500, but more trucky feeling.

Comment

Working...
                              X