https://icc-rsf.com/fireplace/rsf/delta-fusion/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
      Thank you

Comment

Bump

Comment

Survival bracelets are just jewelry

Comment

Have a adapter for big propane tank to a 1lb size, to run my Coleman stove and Little Buddie heater. Its also time to rewire my panel in the barn, to plug my generator into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
              don't rely on the power grid

Preppers aren't that nutty after all.
              No kidding.

You can also not count on city drinking water.

Will be getting a generator and keeping ample fuel.

Also, insulated rubber boots.

Comment

So far we have been very lucky and have had no real issues....yet.
                Here are a few things I learned from it happening to multiple people we know.

1. Ridge vents and or decorative attic vents on the side of the house will let snow blow in to your attic.

2. When letting the water drip be sure you have at least one of the hot water faucets dripping. If not you run the risk of the water heater supply line freezing.

3. Always plan for the worst in any weather event.

4. Use this storm as a catalyst to get everyone on board to be better prepared for the next event. Now is the time to get the generators and have and generator plug wired in.

5. Insulation is your friend. Water well storage tanks, pressure tanks, piping coming to and from said tanks can and will freeze.

6. Chainsaws and other small 2 cycle and most 4 cycle engines are very difficult to get started when they have been sitting in below freezing temps for an extended period of time ( even if they are in a barn out of the elements )

7. When winterizing don't forget about things like your pressure washer or water pump.

Comment

Have plenty of plumbing repair parts on hand. Pipe, fittings, glue and a hack saw for pvc/cpvc. For those with copper and don't know how to solder pipe some shark bite fittings and a cap or two to hold you until proper repairs can be made. Right now plumbing parts are scarce as hens teeth.Also keep some of the wet set glue in case you cant get it to totally stop dripping.

Comment

I have been really surprised at how un-prepared most were for this event. We had more notice than most hurricanes. I wired for my generator several years ago and just roll up my heavy feed cord when not in use. The best prep was installing the tri-fuel kit on the generator- it is nice to just roll it out and quick connect to my gas meter. Trying to store enough gasoline for this type of event is a royal PITA.

Given the lower output of generators running on natural gas, I will probably look at upgrading to a larger setup once the panic buying subsides.

I will be buying a few spare generators as well as heavy connection cords for wiring into panels. I would much rather go wire in a generator than have so many dogs/cats fighting in my house!

Comment

I just loaned out my polesaw to a construction company here in Taylor. He's going to wire my generator and add the interlock in trade when things settle down.

Comment

Working...
                      X