Elk Hunt Big Horn Outfitters - New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk Hunt Big Horn Outfitters - New Mexico

Well I just booked my dream hunt for elk in the Gila National Forest in New Mexico. I will be hunting Unit 15 with Big Horn Outfitters from September 20-24. I couldn't be more excited. Anybody else experiencing an elk hunt for the first time this year? Anybody ever heard of this outfitter? I've read great things and they have been super helpful.

Awesome. Best of luck to you. I killed a pretty good bull last year close to there. Elk hunting definitely gets in your blood quick.

Comment

Congratulations and good luck!

I too am experiencing my first elk hunt in New Mexico this September. Very excited!

Comment

Congratulations and good luck. Never been on an elk hunt before but on the bucket list.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
          Awesome. Best of luck to you. I killed a pretty good bull last year close to there. Elk hunting definitely gets in your blood quick.
          That's the plan. I'm taking my bow and hope to get a chance at a monster!! I can't quit watching elk hunts on you tube and outdoor tv.

Comment

Young friend and his f-i-l both got drawn this year---they are pumped!!!!

Comment

Don't go....trust me....don't go!!! You will not care about WT hunting when you get back Well....maybe not.....but elk hunting is awesome!!

Comment

Congrats and good luck. What Passthrough said rang true for me, I couldn't stand to come back home and hunt WT's the year I went. Have been trying to draw tags since with no luck, but can't wait until I get to go again!

Comment

I've never heard of the outfitter but have hunted unit 15. Good luck I'm jealous

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zcole04 View Post
                    Well I just booked my dream hunt for elk in the Gila National Forest in New Mexico. I will be hunting Unit 15 with Big Horn Outfitters from September 20-24. I couldn't be more excited. Anybody else experiencing an elk hunt for the first time this year? Anybody ever heard of this outfitter? I've read great things and they have been super helpful.
                    I hunt unit 15 every year, good unit with some great bulls. I will be there Sept. 17th through 24th. Good Luck! I know Dan, if Keith is guiding for the ask for him to be your guide. He will put you on one for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                      I hunt unit 15 every year, good unit with some great bulls. I will be there Sept. 17th through 24th. Good Luck! I know Dan, if Keith is guiding for the ask for him to be your guide. He will put you on one for sure.
                      There is two of us going and we are doing the 1x1 trip. I've been talking to Dan quite a bit. I'll ask him if I can request Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by zcole04 View Post
                        Did you have to get drawn for this hunt? Or does the outfitter sell landowner tags?
                        I assume the $3,750 guide fee doesn't include the tag. Did you go through them to get drawn or draw yourself and then hire them to guide you?

Comment

Zach , this will be my Thursday year in unit 15 , we have landowners tags , and. Do the hunt out of a cabin it's DIY. I have not killed one yet but several close calls and someone in the group usually kkills. , beautiful country for this flatlander , what town are you guys hunting out of !!! Wade

Comment

Originally posted by wade View Post
                            Zach , this will be my Thursday year in unit 15 , we have landowners tags , and. Do the hunt out of a cabin it's DIY. I have not killed one yet but several close calls and someone in the group usually kkills. , beautiful country for this flatlander , what town are you guys hunting out of !!! Wade
                            We are hunting out of Luna and I'm seriously counting down the days.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Did you have to get drawn for this hunt? Or does the outfitter sell landowner tags?
                              I assume the $3,750 guide fee doesn't include the tag. Did you go through them to get drawn or draw yourself and then hire them to guide you?
                              I put in for the draw with another outfitter but didn't get drawn and he didn't have any landowner tags available so I found Big Horn Outfitters who had access to two tags so we scooped up both of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X