Kerr WMA GDE hunt in December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerr WMA GDE hunt in December

Please PM or message here with information you would like to have if you were drawn for a hunt at Kerr WMA to help ease the learning curve. Information such as:
    Can we camp or bring travel trailer onto the WMA during the hunt. What type of facilities and utilities are available. Is it worthwhile to hunt stand provided or find another spot in the hunt compartment they assign you to. Should you bait, use calling techniques, how to utilize the terrain and other information to make the short rifle hunt more effective.

Thank Y'all in advance for the information. We have been putting in for 12 years to draw this hunt and would like to go in eyes wide open with fresh information.

Hello! I have been to Kerr WMA on several hunts from going as a youth.

***My picture is on the wall at the cleaning station. I shot at 140BC 8 pointer in 2003 and my brother is also on the wall for shoot a hog with 3" tusks. ***

I haven't been in a while, but I can tell you there is NO CAMPING on the WMA. If you want to camp, I would go next door the MO Ranch. If you want a hotel and bite to eat stay in Ingram. We always stayed at the Hunter's House INN and Whatburger is right up the road.
    As for hunting the it all depends on the compartment that you are assigned. The blinds are in the right spot and I would hunt out of them. They 4'x4' enough room for one person to sit in comfortably and enough room to sleep leaning your head on the walls. I would bring a chair with a seat cushion. Bait is all up to you on some hunts they don't allow it. As for weapon choice I use my .30-06 with 180 Grain, but I use that for everything. But, BEAWARE the some of the deer have collars/ear tags DO NOT shoot them. They are doing research on the pressure of hunting on the deer.

Btw...What dates were you selected on? If you need more info let me know....
    Megger89

Comment

Working...
    X