• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    lol...touche.
    I salute you, my friend.

Comment

2014 High Country with the 6.2. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
        Are they putting that 6.2 in a 4 door with an actual full sized bed....as in 8ft'? ...maybe the 3/4 - 1 tons?

Not sure about the long bed...there are a few with the standard bed vs the short bed.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAgHntr View Post
          Not sure about the long bed...there are a few with the standard bed vs the short bed.
          Glad this was brought up. My f-250 has the full 8' bed and its like trying to drive a football field around at times. Going into a parking garage is a challenge at the airports or Drs. office. Many of the Malls and such are not painted for a large vehicle as the CC with 8' bed. Things to be aware of if going 8' on the bed

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
            Glad this was brought up. My f-250 has the full 8' bed and its like trying to drive a football field around at times. Going into a parking garage is a challenge at the airports or Drs. office. Many of the Malls and such are not painted for a large vehicle as the CC with 8' bed. Things to be aware of if going 8' on the bed

Thanks. I specifically am not looking for a long bed. I would prefer the standard 6.5 but will take the 5.75 (or whatever the lengths are) to get the engine I want...good info for other folks though. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              Have you ever seen a Tundra on a flatbed wrecker being hauled to the mechanics shop? .........I didnt think so!
              I see them all at the gas station.

Comment

I was going through this same debate last April. After talking to everyone that I knew personally that owned a truck I went with the Tundra. Talked to a few who liked the Chevy but talked to several who had nothing but problems with it. The folks with a Tundra never seemed to have problems. I get 15mph mostly city and some towing a pop-up camper. The 38 gallon fuel tank is more than sufficient. I love the back window rolling all the way down. Really gets the hot air out of the truck.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TxAgHntr View Post
                  Those of you saying 6.2, does it change your mind if the truck I am looking at has the 6speed tranny vs the 8?

Basically asking if that would be a deal breaker or would the engine still make the deal?
                  The 6 speed is actually a touch quicker than the 8 speed w / 6.2. I would have gone with the 6 speed if it would have been available when I bought my truck. However, now that I have the 8 speed I love the way it rows through the gears when on the gas. The 6 speed does not feel the same. I also do not have any fuel numbers to compare it with or any real world towing or dependability advice.

Comment

I have had to replace the transmission in every Chevy I have owned. I was a Chevy fan 6 transmission = $11,000
                    Later I love my Tundra.
                    It's quicker than dodge 5.7, Chevy 5.3, Ford 5.4,Ford 5.0, my dad's steel frame 3.5 eco.
                    It will pull just fine

Comment

Here is the way my truck sits on 33×12.5 Toyo's. Not a great pic but just have the front leveled and zero rubbing. Most people will say that size will not fit, I have not had any problems.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

Comment

Get the Chevy, that Tundra won't pass a gas station... 13 MPG at best. Toyotas are good trucks but they really drink the gas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ..Ambush.. View Post
                          Get the Chevy, that Tundra won't pass a gas station... 13 MPG at best. Toyotas are good trucks but they really drink the gas

Where do you get that? My Tundra.gets 16plus every day of the year.

Comment

That wouldn't take me but a second to decide. The Chevy 6.2 is a beast of an engine and it blows sway the Tundra in both power and fuel mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                              I had a 2010 6.0 3/4 chevy 6 speed auto and currently have a 2015 toyota tundra 4 door and the toyota does just as well in every department except maybe comfort and does better in fuel mileage. I would go toyota, but thats just my opinion. That full size cab gives so much room its crazy. And lets be honest, you dont buy a truck for fuel mileage. So getting 15 mpg is plenty imo. But that comes after getting around 12mpg on the highway and around 10mpg while pulling out of the chevy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TOTALLY different engine and transmission platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                                Where do you get that? My Tundra.gets 16plus every day of the year.
                                Everyone I know that has a tundra complains about the fuel mileage, it's pretty well-known. Are you getting 16 on the overhead console or are you doing the math? Big difference.

If you truly are getting 16mpg + you are doing well [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X