No announcement yet.

Selfbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great looking stave! Ones like that are worth their weight in gold to me. Swamprabbit, if you can, post a pic of the end and those buetiful rings. I'm excited for you!

Comment

Just got home from our trip up to College Station. The ends are sealed, but I will post one up in the next day or so. I am going to post up a seperate build thread. Well maybe I should call it a shave thread. The bow is already put together, I just have the intimidating task of slowly revealing its presence.

Maybe there are two bows hidden in there

Comment

That's a big stave. There's two in there for sure. Are you thinking around 50#?

Comment

Yep, 50# is the current weight I am comfortable shooting, so I am going to aim for 50 as the initial weight. I would be happy with 45+ so it gives me some room.

Comment

The stave is 5" across at the last ring below the sapwood.

Comment

Good looking Bo'dark. I do not believe I have seen one so straight. Most of what I see looks like a knarly walking cane only on the large scale... Good luck to you SwampRabbit. I hope this turns out, and please remember. Once you get tired or frustrated. STOP!! There will always be another day. No rush. :-)

Comment

Told ya there was more than one stave in it...lol...if ya botch the first one ...youll have another chance ...youll know more once you chase a ring out...but im confident there are at least some sister bows in there...as skinny as i like to make them i couldve gotten three out of that stave...but youll know more once you get a ring chased and clean...dang im excited for ya dude...might have to do some tillering myself next week.

Comment

You need to send that stave to me . It looks like a good one. You have more like that?
                  Arvin

Comment

Not at the moment...but getting or rsther finding them is very easy around here...untapped awesomness.

Comment

Great looking stave. I'd hit it, err....split it.

Comment

I wish mesquite was worth the ****! That's all I got around here in llano. It would be buetiful, but painful after it blew up in your face!

Comment

Heck... if only pine!!!

Comment

Should be seeing some bright yella wood any moment now ...right???
                            Im impatient...lol

Comment

Cut me a Ash this evening!

Comment

With a hatchet? Your the man!

Comment

Working...
                                X