Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hutchins for me..

Comment

Texas Monthly ratings lists are nothing more than paid advertisements. If you are included on one of their lists they send you the form and cost schedule for becoming a Texas Monthly sponsor. If you don't purchase ad space, you can count on being left off the list next time. $$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Serbin View Post
        Totally understand your opinion. But folks don't go to Houston for BBQ. Enjoy yours and we will enjoy ours around Lexington. Enjoy sir.
        Snow's was great barbecue. We were just trying to be discerning to the point of "what is the best we have had thus far?" Out of 8 people in our group not a single person has Snow's ahead of Killens or Corkscrew.

I would be willing to bet there are at least a half dozen guys on this site that would make ribs and brisket that would compete with or beat most of the places mentioned. I am not one of those guys, so I'll keep trying where everyone recommends.

Looks like Hutchins, Evie Mae's, and LA Barbecue will definitely get the taste test!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
          Chicken isn't the measure of a BBQ restaurant. Did you get there late and that was all they had left?

Did you eat the brisket at Snows? Thats the Mendoza line for BBQ restaurants in Texas.

Wagyu ends? I bet they were good, because they are 10X the price of brisket. What did you pay per pound for them?
          We got some of everything. Almost impossible to differentiate quality of the place overall with only one item. We bought the last of the ribs last Saturday. Asked for 2 pounds and they had 1.5 left. Everything else we got the full order.

Snow's was very impressive; just not better than the other two on the list we have had thus far. If it didn't require a 3.5 hour wait I would go again.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
            So far for me Pecan Lodge in Dallas.
            Yes it is really good we been a few time an it's super busy when we have gone.

Comment

[quote=Tejasbacon;12576982]Yes it is really good we been a few time an it's super busy when

Yes it's a line for sure

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                I was there a year ago and it was closed. There is another BBQ restaurant beside it called the rib crib. Not good.

That is a bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another good one to try is Moo Cow BBQ is Palestine, Tx

Comment

The Shack in Lubbock is good but I'm no cow na sewer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real CWB View Post
                      Cattleack BBQ in north Dallas is legit. Better than pecan lodge.

Co-sign, I think Pecan Lodge's quality has slipped a bit with the new location. I thought Cattleack was unbelievably good.

Comment

Loco Coyote near Glen Rose
                        Mesquite Pit (on the lake) in Granbury.

My definition of GREAT BBQ begins with the BBQ sauce...then if I can't cut the brisket with a fork...or I bite into a chunk of FAT...it SUCKS! That's just part of the reason the two I've mentioned are my favorites and I've visited a bunch over the years.

Comment

I personally think if the BBQ needs sauce I'm in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
                            I personally think if the BBQ needs sauce I'm in the wrong place.
                            This

Comment

A couple of my favorites.

Gatlin's in Houston
                              Truth BBQ in Brenham
                              Tin Roof in Atascocita

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                                Loco Coyote near Glen Rose
                                Mesquite Pit (on the lake) in Granbury.

My definition of GREAT BBQ begins with the BBQ sauce...then if I can't cut the brisket with a fork...or I bite into a chunk of FAT...it SUCKS! That's just part of the reason the two I've mentioned are my favorites and I've visited a bunch over the years.
                                I don't like BBQ sauce and if I use it there's a problem.. and nothing wrong with biting into some fat here!

Comment

Working...
                                X