My no name 22 pt 183" buck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My no name 22 pt 183" buck!

We have had this buck running around a few years, We never paid him much attention cause he always looked young, but with good potential. This year he blew up throwing multiple kickers. He still looked young in summertime pics. He disappeared before we got a pic of him out of velvet, so we didn't put a lot of thought towards him. Well I arrived at the ranch before the evening hunt on New Years Day and pulled cards. I hunted another blind across the ranch that evening. That night after dinner and binge watching "The Walking Dead", I decided to go through the cards. Well look who showed back up! And I have to say he is the first deer that looked better out of velvet. He also looked either really old or really sick. Either way, I was going after him. The next morning I retrieved my gear and bow from the blind I hunted the evening before. I drove back to camp and shot a few arrows just to make certain everything was good to go. I had a mature 8 come in right after I climbed in the blind, he was soon followed by my buck. My buck came right into the trap corn placed at the outside base of the pen, forcing him to eat broadside. I drew back once I had decent light but a doe stepped in the way so I let down. Finally the doe stepped out of the way. I drew back, settled the pin behind the shoulder and released the arrow. The buck was almost knocked down by the impact. He did a 180 degree turn and took off across the field. I glassed the field but didn't see him. I decided to sneak out. I glassed to field again after getting down and noticed a log in the middle of the field that I didn't remember being there before. No tracking job needed he only went 40 yards. He weighed around 100 lbs (sick), teeth showed 6.5 but was probably older. Los Cazadores scored him at a little over 183". He also broke off a 4 to 5" kicker on the left base. I sent a text to the two guys that let me be a part of the ranch work and fun, letting them know he was down. The LDP's were done by myself, using a box of latex gloves to prop my phone up and using the 10 sec delay.
    Attached Files

Wow just wow! Congratulations.

Comment

This is probably the first deer I have killed that wasn't named prior to killing him. Also, it was low fence for those that want to know.

Comment

Awesome deer! Congrats!

Comment

Awesome buck!!!

Comment

Congrats on a great animal!

Comment

Great deer! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on a great buck.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Great looking buck with a lot of character. Congrats.

Comment

Nice deer and great write up.

Comment

What a monster buck, congrats bro.

Comment

Wow!!!!! Big congrats!

Heck of a buck and great job on getting the LDP's. What a special deer...Thanks for sharing with us.

Comment

Great bowkill buck, congrats.

Comment

What a stud. Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X