No announcement yet.

Kingsville eats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know young’s still only doing carry out. It is not bad but definitely overrated.

Comment

Is Black Diamond Oyster Bar still open down there? It was kind of run down way way back when I was going to school down there but the food was great and the beer was cold and cheap. They had another location in Corpus, right on the edge of town headed out to the island. It was good also but not as good as the one in Kingsville in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciscomeza15 View Post
        el Tap is a good lunch place. If you are trying to get breakfast, el chato is the place. Big tacos and cheap. Was my breakfast go to when I was in college there
        Your avatar alone says you got it.

Comment

Thanks for all of the recommendations! Most places were closed Sunday, I don’t know if that’s the norm or not. I got him unpacked and mostly set up, he and his buddy still had to set up the TV and hang some mounts, their place will definitely have a South Texas outdoorsmen flair to it! We ended up at Kingsville Steakhouse, a solid choice with good service e and decent food. I’ll keep some of these other places in mind when I go back down there.

Originally posted by refugioco View Post
          I grew up in Kingsville and we ran Young's DriveInn when it was on 14th street. Tell your son to go into Young's and ask for Scott, if he is there, tell him Larry Harvey said you owe him a free sandwich. If that does not work we can talk about plan B.
          Refugio, he screen shot this, he said he was gonna give it a try!

Comment

[QUOTE=Cazador;15758108]Thanks for all of the recommendations! Most places were closed Sunday, I don’t know if that’s the norm or not. I got him unpacked and mostly set up, he and his buddy still had to set up the TV and hang some mounts, their place will definitely have a South Texas outdoorsmen flair to it! We ended up at Kingsville Steakhouse, a solid choice with good service e and decent food. I’ll keep some of these other places in mind when I go back down there.

He staying in the dorms? I lived in Turner hall for 3 years. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
              He staying in the dorms? I lived in Turner hall for 3 years. Good times.
              He’s off campus in some student apartments, I think Legends or something like that.

Comment

Agree with most of above post . Brays or KINGSVILLE steakhouse are good . For good cheap lunch try Harrels down town . Scott still runs Young’s but it is to go only for now . Best burger is at Mariache burger close to the stadium. Baffin Bay over Kings inn . I live south of town in Ricardo if he ever needs anything or wants to shoot his bow tell him to message me .

Comment

Baffin Bay is good kings in and the pizza parlor

Comment

No one has mentioned Boat n Net!

Comment

Originally posted by RLHoward View Post
                      Agree with most of above post . Brays or KINGSVILLE steakhouse are good . For good cheap lunch try Harrels down town . Scott still runs Young’s but it is to go only for now . Best burger is at Mariache burger close to the stadium. Baffin Bay over Kings inn . I live south of town in Ricardo if he ever needs anything or wants to shoot his bow tell him to message me .
                      I forgot about Harrel's drugstore. Classic place with great prices. Tell Nick, Larry Harvey says you owe him a cheeseburger, if that does not work. Go Back and try Scott at Young's again.

Comment

Food

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                        No one has mentioned Boat n Net!
                        Classic. Loved that place when I was living in kingsville. Wonder if it’s still around.

Comment

Originally posted by southtx View Post
                          Classic. Loved that place when I was living in kingsville. Wonder if it’s still around.
                          No sir it’s not! It was great!

Comment

Originally posted by refugioco View Post
                            I forgot about Harrel's drugstore. Classic place with great prices. Tell Nick, Larry Harvey says you owe him a cheeseburger, if that does not work. Go Back and try Scott at Young's again.
                            I will try them both . Thanks

Comment

Ate at Youngs yesterday. My wife and I went to Texas A/I. We ate Youngs a lot. Had to do carry out yesterday, but the Texacali was as good as ever.

Comment

I always like the burgers at the pharmacy, Harrels. Plus, they have old fashion milk shakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X