Class 3 machinegun legalities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class 3 machinegun legalities

A few years ago, my cousin and I started a trust. Before the finger prints. We have a few cans and are slowly building our collection. Hunting hogs and Axis with them have been a quiet blast.
    A FFL dealer I have done business with in NY has 4 HK MP5. 2 full auto/semi, the other 2 full, burst and semi. These are almost guaranteed to be post 86 manufacture. My FFL acquired them on trade from the NYPD. Has all paperwork. When he heard about me playing with cans and stuff while in Texas. He showed them to me and offered for sale to me at a incredible price, but I have to take all 4. FFL to FFL of course. Are these transferable to our trust?
    Or are civilians only allowed to purchase pre 86 NFA machine guns?
    I would love to get a hold of these in Texas, keep one, put on our trust and flip the others. Still learning the NFA world. Any advice appreciated.
    Thank you in advance. I have serial #s and pics.

Send a pm to sc texas. Sean makes his living with these sort of goodies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

No Civilian can own a machine gun produced after may 1986. This is ashamed for us.

Comment

Ffl to ffl post 86 guns are uber cheap to pre's as the demand for civi ownership is where the value is.

Post guns have to stay on dealers books. I'm not considering Le use. Unless I'm missing something no post guns can transfer to trusts??

Comment

It will not be for LE use and like I said it is almost guaranteed post 86 mfg. Maybe that is why the deal is so good. I have always seen transferable machine guns in the $10-20K range. So no post 86 can transfer.
          I knew this was too good to be true
          Dag nab it.
          I already had the money spent I was making on selling the other 3

Comment

There s a reason a transferable mp5 is 30k.

Comment

No go on the post 86 for civie use.

But as mentioned contact Sc-Texas for all the ins and outs for the situation

Comment

A law enforcement one will run around 1k. If you ever get one, save your money and get the navy version. They're a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  No go on the post 86 for civie use.

But as mentioned contact Sc-Texas for all the ins and outs for the situation
                  I will thanks.

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                  A law enforcement one will run around 1k. If you ever get one, save your money and get the navy version. They're a blast.
                  These are little more than that, but in that ball park. NYPD stamped.

Comment

Tony...our local pd paid like 750ea for FA Bushmasters. Post 86 guns that dealers can play with themselves but cannot sell to civilians has no demand.

Did the dealer in NY inquire whether you were a 03/07 or the guns were post ban??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      Tony...our local pd paid like 750ea for FA Bushmasters. Post 86 guns that dealers can play with themselves but cannot sell to civilians has no demand.

Did the dealer in NY inquire whether you were a 03/07 or the guns were post ban??
                      No wonder he was offering them for $1500ea.He got very happy with the thought of him being able to off them. Looks like he is stuck with them.
                      Dealer did not ask about me being a 03/07( I don't know what that is either, still learning the NFA game), but did give me ser#s to look up if necessary.

KIMG0993 by Tony Pic, on Flickr
                      Last edited by Tony Pic; 04-05-2018, 06:01 PM.

Comment

There are different classes of FFL's...most common being an 01 which deals in the everyday guns you & I know. I think 02 is Pawn?? 03 Deals with the nfa stuff & 07 does both but is an actual manufacture. Many 03's moved to 07 because they were slapping AR's together. Trying to be very layman in my explanation here & sure SC could expand.

Yeah, that would have been a smoking deal!!

Kinda surprised he would offer without confirming you were legit to own though??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          There are different classes of FFL's...most common being an 01 which deals in the everyday guns you & I know. I think 02 is Pawn?? 03 Deals with the nfa stuff & 07 does both but is an actual manufacture. Many 03's moved to 07 because they were slapping AR's together. Trying to be very layman in my explanation here & sure SC could expand.

Yeah, that would have been a smoking deal!!

Kinda surprised he would offer without confirming you were legit to own though??
                          Gotcha good info. I'm understanding it pretty good.
                          Yes, he offered to sell hoping that my trust would have been sufficient for the transfer to take place. His class 3/NFA dealings have only been with LE, being a NY dealer. So we both we kind of hoping it could happen.
                          eh...back to dreaming
                          Thank you Artos. I appreciate your insight. I PMed SC-Texas.

Comment

If your buddy is still wanting to sell them to an FFL, PM me his contact info.

Comment

Great info. So if a guy has a pre 86 in possession and he is not licensed to have it could I buy it if I got the proper paperwork? Or is it a no go since he illegally owns it?

Comment

Working...
                              X