Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protesting your Appraisal

Anybody ever done it?
    Looks like I'm gonna have to. Mine went up over a 100% from last year. It increased $68,324!!!
    And I haven't done anything to my place.

****, mine went up 20K only because of my homestead, but value went up like $30K

Comment

Its getting to be ridiculous here lately....nothing but an annual maximum revenue grab the last few years......

Comment

I don't know if its true but I heard the deadline to protest is on the 15th.

Comment

my employer made me do his! I had never done it and got his taxes lowered 13.5% in about 30 minutes of price comparison per square foot. Saved him about 3500 dollars

Comment

I haven't seen any crazy jumps in mine, but I thought there was an increase % cap of some sort. Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
              I haven't seen any crazy jumps in mine, but I thought there was an increase % cap of some sort. Am I wrong?
              10% on homestead. Actual value can go up whatever.
              Last edited by Jaybo31; 05-11-2018, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Txprowler View Post
                It is unless your county sent out the value notices after April 30th. Then it is 30 days from the date on the notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Txprowler View Post
                  My letter says I have till May 25 to file a protest.
                  I have a good feeling why it went up. Some property around me has sold in the last couple of years and I don't know what they paid for it but heard thru the grape vine they paid way more than what it was worth.
                  I can't help if they were stupid!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                    Anybody ever done it?
                    Looks like I'm gonna have to. Mine went up over a 100% from last year. It increased $68,324!!!
                    And I haven't done anything to my place.
                    I don't see that. Looks like your 13+ acres went up from $8,675 in 2017 to $34,600 appraisal value in 2018, and your home stayed the same at $12,749 for a total of $47,349.

I'll bet you would not sell it for that.

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                      It is unless your county sent out the value notices after April 30th. Then it is 30 days from the date on the notice.
                      Sorry I meant to put April 15th!

Comment

Questions if i field a homestead exemption and it was accepted am i clear on higher taxes?

I guess not necasarily clear but was that at least one step in right direction/ should or can i still protest

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          I don't see that. Looks like your 13+ acres went up from $8,675 in 2017 to $34,600 appraisal value in 2018, and your home stayed the same at $12,749 for a total of $47,349.

I'll bet you would not sell it for that.
                          2017- 59,996
                          2018- 128,320
                          Still, 8 thousand to 34 is a big jump don't ya think?!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                            2017- 59,996
                            2018- 128,320
                            Still, 8 thousand to 34 is a big jump don't ya think?!!
                            According to the Appraisal District website, the $128,320 is the fair market value, but the appraised value for taxes is $34,600. Would you want to protest the $34,600 on 13.96 acres?

Would you take $47,349 for it?

Comment

Remember the same politicians you vote for that promise to lower your property taxes are the same ones who set the appraisal laws for property tax.

They smale, pat you on the shoulder with one hand while reaching around into your back pocket with the other.

Comment

Working...
                              X