Hog processing in Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog processing in Austin

Who's had hogs processed in Austin? Looking for recommendations. Need to take three ice chests worth of quartered hogs in tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Also, open to suggestions for ways to have it processed -- sausage, roasts, whatever. Probably 100 lbs of meat.

Comment

If you bone it out you could buy some spices and a cheap pork butt roast or two and stop by my house and leave with pan sausage in about an hour. I use it for cooking and plain for breakfast

Comment

Glen:
        Thanks, but time is not my friend on this because I need to be in Missouri for son's baseball conference tournament day after tomorrow (and work all day Wednesday before flying out). Have to have it all handled tomorrow (plus put in a new water heater, btw).

Comment

My vote would be for Hudson’s Meats on S. Congress. Jalapeño and cheese, Garlic, and Italian. Can’t go wrong!

Comment

Yum, Ivory!
            Thanks

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                Yum, Ivory!
                Thanks
                I had 200 lbs made and everyone that has eaten it wants to take some home with them. I have given away more than I’ve cooked. I need to start rationing my stash.

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                  My vote would be for Hudson’s Meats on S. Congress. Jalapeño and cheese, Garlic, and Italian. Can’t go wrong!

I believe that they do not accept wild hog. They only use domestic pig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                    I believe that they do not accept wild hog. They only use domestic pig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    So, what would high-fence, grain fed, hunting ranch feral hogs be considered, I wonder? And what would be the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                      Thanks. Looks pretty reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                        So, what would high-fence, grain fed, hunting ranch feral hogs be considered, I wonder? And what would be the difference?
                        In other words, what's this?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

238 lbs, btw.

Comment

I've eaten Johnny G's and they do a good job on all meats. I used to live near them.

One place that I have not eaten feral hog from, but they do really good commercial pork is Smokey Denmark on 7th Street. When I talked to them in person, their price sounded reasonable for a gutted, skinned feral hog.

They donate all the great sausage for the Heritage Classic cancer charity bike rally in Luchenbach. It is very good.
                            Last edited by banzai; 05-08-2018, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Harvest House in Johnson city, is the only processor in central texas that will take wild hog ,and only one day a week the last time i checked

Comment

Working...
                              X