Thinking of selling my House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of selling my House

Thinking of selling my House. I built it in 2000, and my kids have grown up there, so it may be hard, but I'm ready. it's 2000 sq feet, and has a 2000 sq foot shop, with R.v. cover parking, it's foamed and brand new electricity. The house has hard wood and tile. gas [propane] tankless water heater,updated kitchen, water softener, 3 bedrooms,2 bath,garage was closed in with central heat and air. Large covered back porch. aerobic septic,large trees. Tons of deer. there is a city water well on the back of the property.it is in Hudson Oaks city limits. I have no idea what I should ask in price. Everything around me is selling for 350k to 450k but the house across street is being listed for 640k. what do y'all think? I will post pics in a bit

Find a good realtor....one that actually sells houses in your area.

Where are you going?

Good luck!

Comment

Think you should call a realtor

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Think you should call several realtors
        What this dude suggested ^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          What this dude suggested ^^^^
          I just suggested what the dude above me suggested ^^^^ ^^^^

Comment

I think 250 is a fair price .....I'm looking.

Comment

pretty vague lol

Call a realtor

Comment

If you are wanting to try and do it on your own, I would pay for an appraisal. They can do a verbal pretty cheap, like $2-300 and you have a really good idea of value.

Comment

I left out that Last year I did have it appraised for $310k, but the market has sky rocketed in our area since then.

Comment

Last house we sold, we did it by owner. Not hard to come up with a fair price...start high, you can always haggle down (especially when there's an extra 6% your gonna get to keep). In this market, I would try that first. Worked good for us because after the sign was out for a few weeks, a realtor came by and offered to do it for 3%! It's all negotiable. Told him I'd call him in a month or two but it sold. Just took everything to the title company and they took care of everything. I think it was around $300-$400. It's a seller's market!

Comment

Appraisals are CHEAP if you miss guessing your value more than $500. I would get another one. Call the same appraiser back and ask what an updated appraisal will cost.

Comment

I sold my place in Caddo Mills last year for $345,000. Personally I thought it was worth about $250,000. The realtor said about $310,000. I kind of checked out some of the other properties around me and then priced it high. It took about 45 days to get the offer but hey I was more than fine with that considering the price that it bought.

-john

Comment

Contact Vicki Voss at Century 21 Judge Fite Company.

Comment

Originally posted by phoneman View Post
                            I left out that Last year I did have it appraised for $310k, but the market has sky rocketed in our area since then.
                            Appraised by a realtor or the County. If the County you might as well throw that paper away, its junk and no where near indicative of the market value, then or now.

Comment

Price it high, see what happens. If it doesn't sell, your move. If it does, great.

Comment

Working...
                              X