Electric Smoker ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Smoker ?

I’ve never had a smoker period so certainly not seasoned or experienced at it. Considering an electric one to try out. Which ones do y’all have or recommend that won’t break the bank but are solid in performance? Masterbuilt? Old Smokey? Thanks

Masterbuilt is relatively inexpensive and gets the job done. It was my starter smoker. Now I'm on a Cook Shack.

Comment

I have a trailer pit but cook on my masterbuilt 99% of the time now

Comment

I freaking love my Masterbuilt and have almost ZERO experience behind a BBQ pit. That said, I’ve researched enough to fake my way through it and put some darn good groceries on the table the last couple of years with this thing. It’s pretty much fool proof...trust me.

Smoked an awesome pork butt for pulled pork sammiches as well as a ham just this weekend for the Christmas dinner.
        Academy had them on a heck of a deal last month...sure it’s over now though.

Last edited by RascalArms; 12-25-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Masterbuilt 40" model. Set the time and temp, add the wood chips and maybe more chips once more depending on length of time smoking and set back and enjoy.

Comment

Masterbuilt digital electric smoker with meat probe. Easy and holds a constant temperature.

Comment

I own a masterbuilt. Lots of good deals on them during thanksgiving and Christmas sales. If you do get one, do yourself a favor and get the 40” model. You can thank me later. I had the smaller 30” model for a year, and sold it to upgrade to the 40”.

Did a double smoked ham and a turkey in mine for Christmas Day. Coach

Comment

I cooked Prime on mine for Christmas. Meat prone model is a must

Comment

I have a Masterbuilt that does a good job

Set it and forget it

Also have a UDS that I used today, requires a tad more tending but does a little better job on the smoke and gives a more noticeable smoke ring

Comment

Get one of these in addition and forget feeding wood chips every 30 minutes. Perfect smoke for hours and hours. I love mine. They make one in tube form for propane smokers.

http://www.amazenproducts.com/product_p/amnps5x8.htm

Comment

I have a masterbuilt that I've used for over 5 years and it's just too easy to go buy a different smoker. Once it gives out I'll upgrade to a Pitts n spitts or a camp chef pellet smoker. Don't think I would go back to a stick burner for the money and the amount of smoking I do.

Comment

Love my master built.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          I freaking love my Masterbuilt and have almost ZERO experience behind a BBQ pit. That said, I’ve researched enough to fake my way through it and put some darn good groceries on the table the last couple of years with this thing. It’s pretty much fool proof...trust me.

Smoked an awesome pork butt for pulled pork sammiches as well as a ham just this weekend for the Christmas dinner.
                          Academy had them on a heck of a deal last month...sure it’s over now though.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=670898
                          Fool proof has my name written all over it lol. Sounds like a winner to me

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. Sounds like Masterbuilt is a favored choice

Comment

Depending on budget you may also consider a Smokin It stainless smoker. I love mine and the wife uses it regularly.

Masterbuilt is the standard for entry level.

Comment

Working...
                              X