No announcement yet.

Garage Door Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I’m going with leave the truck in the driveway for $1000, Alex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      Yeah, I’m going with leave the truck in the driveway for $1000, Alex.

Because you know you'd have to get on a ladder.......again.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Because you know you'd have to get on a ladder.......again.

I got on a ladder a few weeks ago, everything went well.

I would be more worried about the garage looking like fido’s arse when it was done.

Comment

The framing is easy. You’d have to hire a brick person and talk to a garage door fella to plan your opening size.

Comment

I agree with curtintx... looks pretty easy to me. I'd hire someone to do the brick work. Standard doors are 7' and 8' tall. So 12" is the way to go. Dont forget your permit. In a HOA, Im sure you will have plenty of curious neighbors.

Comment

Look how the soffit is connected. When you remove the small studs, something may move. Your lookouts are probably nailed to the 2x4 running lengthwise. The eve could drop.

Comment

Not going to be any brick left on the top. Going to need to saw through brick on left and right.

Comment

I know your capabilities ... this project is way outside your wheelhouse. It could be done, but you'll be way better off hiring someone to so it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just get a couple new sawzall blades and get after it!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                      It can be done but this is a lot of work. You would have to build a temporary wall to support the roof. This is a load bearing wall. Removing the garage door spring can be tricky. I could go on and on. Hire someone. It may look simple but it isn’t.

All of the above. You might need a steel beam for header

Comment

The inside framing should be easy. One option for the brick outside is to just remove brick and go back with some trim that matches the soffit. It would be much easier and might even look better since you won’t have much brick left up there.

Comment

be cheaper to put Airbags on truck.. Good luck

Comment

Man, I think will look like hades if you don't do the same for the large door. Then again, if you are cool with it looking like hades, it is your house. . . knock yourself out. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
                              I’m pretty sure, everything at least twice.

HOA

3rd bay is extended 12’.

If yall have any contacts in Magnolia area, PM me.

Appreciate all the info.
                              If the HOA won't allow a carport, they probably aren't going to allow one garage door to be taller than the other. They may even have restrictions on the height of your garage door in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                                I agree with curtintx... looks pretty easy to me. I'd hire someone to do the brick work. Standard doors are 7' and 8' tall. So 12" is the way to go. Dont forget your permit. In a HOA, Im sure you will have plenty of curious neighbors.
                                That's the nicest way I have every heard someone address the HOA's who meddle in other peoples business lol

Comment

Working...
                                X