Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a loaner bow for my kiddo ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a loaner bow for my kiddo ...

I would like to get my 15 year old into archery but I need a little help.

First problem...he's a southpaw and no one else in my house is.
    Second Problem...he's 6'5" so I'm guessing his DL is around 31-32"
    Third Problem...I'm already paying for one in college so no mucho dinero.

So, is there any chance that someone out there has a bow that I could borrow to see if he even likes to shoot? He's never shot one so a lower poundage would be a great advantage as well.

I had you hooked up with barely shot left handed browning you could have until I saw the 6'5" part !

Comment

Lol when do you think he'll hit a growth spurt

Comment

I can hook you up buddy. I happen to have a redhead brand bow it's actually made by diamond but it's a decent bow. It's setup with 30" DL now and I think 60lbs on the pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can take it bass pro and have the draw weight adjusted if that's too much. I don't have any sights on it though.

Comment

15 years old and he's 6'5"!? Get the kid a basketball and you won't have to worry about a money again lol

Comment

I may have a Left-handed Diamond Infinite Edge that would be perfect. Let me check and get back with you.

Comment

I have a left handed bow but the draw ain't gonna go out that far.

Comment

Make sure you get an angle compensator range finder, even if he's shooting from the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaycee11 View Post
                    15 years old and he's 6'5"!? Get the kid a basketball and you won't have to worry about a money again lol

Already playing football for Katy High School and Basketball tryouts are coming up. He is a great kid and last year got a chance to hunt with me and loved it but that was a rifle hunt. Really want to get him hooked on the stick and string.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                      Make sure you get an angle compensator range finder, even if he's shooting from the ground.
                      It has to be one of the strangest feelings to reach up to hug your 15yr old son...

Comment

get him a left-handed recurve or longbow set at 40# in the 62-64'' range you can find dirt cheap left-handed recurves and longbows on ebay and their nice ones too....I wish I was left handed, you can find some nice items on max clearance.......

Comment

Originally posted by cz52man View Post
                          It has to be one of the strangest feelings to reach up to hug your 15yr old son...
                          Ha, I can only imagine! Good luck getting him some gear. Sorry I am of no help!

Comment

Working...
                          X