Showing off my new Bob Sarrels bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing off my new Bob Sarrels bow

Having a desire to spoil myself, and having never owned a 3 pc take down recurve, and having had the opportunity to shoot several of Bob Sarrels' bows at his shop, and not having a wife to answer to, the decision to order a bow from Bob came naturally. After a few days of thinking about it, I had a pretty clear idea in my head of what I wanted and what it would look like, but when I finally went to Bob's shop just the other day to pick it up, I was completely dazzled and taken aback by its beauty. I knew it would look good, but it was even better than I imagined. And it shoots like a dream. I could not possibly be more pleased with this bow, so I had to show it off.

Thanks for looking. This is my first time posting pictures on this site, so we'll see if this works.

That is absolutely beautiful!!!

Comment

Beautiful bow! Congratulations, Bob that's awesome!

Comment

congrats on a fine bow. Nice job Bob !!!

Comment

Congrats on a very fine bow.

Comment

That's a great looking bow! Congrats! What kind of wood was used?

Matt

Comment

Congrats Awesome looking bow

Comment

Awesome looking new bow!

Bob and Zach make some beautiful works of art for sure!

Congrats on your new bow,

Bisch

Comment

Beautiful! Congratulations.

Comment

Looks like you got a keeper. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
                      That's a great looking bow! Congrats! What kind of wood was used?

Matt
                      That's a good question. The riser and limb footing are cocobola. I had originally asked for Myrtle in the limbs, but Bob showed me another piece of wood with some personality, and I went with that. But I can't remember what he said it was. When I picked the bow up the other day, I could've sworn he said it was lacewood, but it doesn't look at all like lacewood to me, so I must've mis-heard him. I'll have to ask him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        Awesome looking new bow!

Bob and Zach make some beautiful works of art for sure!
                        They are the perfect combination of artist and craftsman. This is the best bow I've ever owned, both in beauty, and in performance. And I've owned a lot of bows because I make them myself.

Comment

Hey Sam, I see you are in Austin. There is a group of guys around here that go to 3D shoots nearly every weekend somewhere around the area. If you are interested in shooting 3D let me know and you can join us at any of the shoots.

Bisch

Comment

Bisch, that would be great! I go to the 3D shoot at the Austin archery club every now and then, but that's the only one I know of in this area. I'll send you a message with my contact info. Thank you!

Comment

Gosh dang!! That's the best looking bow I 've seen! Congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X