Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winchester Expedition Big Game Long Range Ammo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winchester Expedition Big Game Long Range Ammo??

Has anyone here on the GS every used this stuff? I was looking at trying it out but I figured I would ask around about it first. I have heard and read that Winchester ammo is fairly inconsistent in their velocities leading to accuracy issues.

ttt

Comment

I’ve never heard of it but then again I’ve never had good luck with that brand of ammo.

Comment

As above...

I've never had any Winchester ammunition that grouped well in any rifle or caliber. 223, 270, 257, 7 mag. The only way to find out is to buy a box and shoot it.

Comment

I never had very consistent grouping with Winchester factory ammo. The brass is OK for reloading however. There is better brass but Win will do for the average reloader.
          Best factory ammo I have ever used for accuracy, consistency and grouping has been old el cheapo Remington Core lokt PSP regardless of cailber. Not only that it will kill stuff if you don't mind a little blood shot meat.
          Federal premium ammo does fair.
          I'm a reloader so I don't use much factory ammo any more unless I find a bulk deal on varmint calibers like .243 and smaller.

Comment

Haha ok I see a trend correlating to what I have heard and read.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

bump

Comment

bump

Comment

I shot it in the bergara I have for sale the other day. It grouped well. I ran it with my magnetospeed. 12-13 SD. Around 2645fps in a 22” 6.5 CM.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        I shot it in the bergara I have for sale the other day. It grouped well. I ran it with my magnetospeed. 12-13 SD. Around 2645fps in a 22” 6.5 CM.

6.5 Creedmoore and a Magnetospeed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

About the only Winchester ammo I use is the Ballistic Silvertip. It shot very well in the 7-08 I had and it shoots well in my .300 WSM. It be expensive though !

Comment

Your already selling the bergara?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!! I have had issues with Winchester ammo being really inconsistent in the past.

Comment

Working...
                              X