Montana Huntig license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montana Huntig license

So I am planning to go on a bow hunt with my BIL and one of his good friends in Montana for Elk. They are both from Montana and know the land that we would be hunting (public) but my main question is how much are tags for hunting just Elk? I have seen a couple of different prices on the Montana Parks and Wildlife page but none of them were easy to tell which was which. I also saw that you had to put in your application for out of state licenses before March so that would also be a concern.

Could anyone shed any light on this? Also whats up with the almost 40$ of fees that are attached to the license!

Last year my elk/deer combo was 1031. I didn't draw the elk but did draw deer. I think I received a 330 dollar refund. So it may be over 700 for non res elk based on my results last year.

Comment

I assume you are planning for 2018 draw for 17 has come and gone. I would expect them to be more next year than this year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Man View Post
        Last year my elk/deer combo was 1031. I didn't draw the elk but did draw deer. I think I received a 330 dollar refund. So it may be over 700 for non res elk based on my results last year.
        Do you have to do the deer/elk combo if you only want to hunt elk?

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
          I assume you are planning for 2018 draw for 17 has come and gone. I would expect them to be more next year than this year
          Correct this would be for 2018, sorry about that.

Comment

I want to say mine from several years ago was somewhere in the $700-$800 range.

Comment

Elk combination which is elk, fishing, bird hunting is 858 this is your elk only option.

Big game combo is elk deer upland and fishing. $1010

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
                Do you have to do the deer/elk combo if you only want to hunt elk?
                No you can do individual species for elk deer mooseetc ...

Comment

Montana Huntig license

Your odds are higher for the combo (I've never not drawn the combo). Also depends on where your hunting if you need special draw for the elk (this is the big kicker if you'll get to hunt or not next year) Certain parts of the state are special draw others (mostly west side) are just general and all you need is a tag not a special permit.

Comment

Working...
                  X