John Cornyn & Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neck View Post
    Cornyn has never been one of us. He is a snake.
    I'd there a list of those that "are one of us"?

Cruz

Who else?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
      I'd there a list of those that "are one of us"?

Cruz

Who else?
      Yea right on Cruz being "one of us"...he ran on building a wall, where is it at? He gets money from goldman just like all of the elites

Comment

He just sealed his fate, when is his next election??

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
          He just sealed his fate, when is his next election??

Are you referring to Cruz or Cornyn??

Last edited by Livin'2hunt; 11-08-2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

I have been bombing his message system twice a week about taxes.

Now I have another topic..........

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
              Are you referring to Cruz or Cornyn??

Cornyn...refered to Cruz in my other post.. Though I think Cruz may have a tough time winning his next election.

Comment

Cornyn...refered to Cruz in my other post.. Though I think Cruz may have a tough time winning his next election.

In that case, you are misinformed. Cruz didn't run on building a wall nor did he take money from Goldman-Sachs. He cashed out his own investments with the firm in order to fund his Senatorial campaign.

As for the wall....Trump ran on that platform and no one else. How on God's green Earth is Cruz responsible for that not happening? Do you honestly believe Trump's campaign took no money during the campaign?

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                  In that case, you are misinformed. Cruz didn't run on building a wall nor did he take money from Goldman-Sachs. He cashed out his own investments with the firm in order to fund his Senatorial campaign.

As for the wall....Trump ran on that platform and no one else. How on God's green Earth is Cruz responsible for that not happening? Do you honestly believe Trump's campaign took no money during the campaign?

I should have been more specific, this was what he ran on in 2012, and besides the loan he took out from Goldman equaling 1.2 million they have donated $133K to him, which puts him in as a top 10 beneficiary of Goldman donations.

From 2012 Debate
                  MODERATOR: "He supports building a wall along the entire Texas/Mexico border. Is that something that you would support? Yes, no, why? We’ll start with you, Mr. Cruz."

CRUZ: "Yes. We have an illegal immigration crisis and we need to do everything humanly possible to secure the border. That means fences, that means walls…"

Don't get me wrong, when you look at it as which candidate is better when it comes time to vote, Cruz will win a lot in my book. I still don't trust him, as he is a politician. I also get a bad taste in my mouth when a public servant has a net worth of 3.5 million, which has risen 2.3 million since he has been in office.. and no, Trump did not take money from Goldman, but he does have former Goldman people working with him which crawls all over me.

Comment

I should have been more specific, this was what he ran on in 2012, and besides the loan he took out from Goldman equaling 1.2 million they have donated $133K to him, which puts him in as a top 10 beneficiary of Goldman donations.

From 2012 Debate
                    MODERATOR: "He supports building a wall along the entire Texas/Mexico border. Is that something that you would support? Yes, no, why? We’ll start with you, Mr. Cruz."

CRUZ: "Yes. We have an illegal immigration crisis and we need to do everything humanly possible to secure the border. That means fences, that means walls…"

Don't get me wrong, when you look at it as which candidate is better when it comes time to vote, Cruz will win a lot in my book. I still don't trust him, as he is a politician. I also get a bad taste in my mouth when a public servant has a net worth of 3.5 million, which has risen 2.3 million since he has been in office.. and no, Trump did not take money from Goldman, but he does have former Goldman people working with him
                    which crawls all over me.

Okay, so....we aren't as far apart as I originally thought. I do not put full faith in any politician and every day is a new proving ground. That said, Cruz is about as good as they get and certainly the best Texas has ever had. You and I both know, a Senator has no power to single-handedly make the building of a wall happen. Nor does the President. Trump and Cruz are both guilty of the occasional grandiose proclamation and inserting their feet in their respective mouths. That is my gripe with both of them. Trump more so than Cruz but it is still irresponsible.

As for Cruz's wealth, I read at the beginning of the Prez campaign, his net worth was 2.3 mil. Half of that being his home. Remember, his wife makes/made a*s loads of money. So, I'm not "too" scared off by the #s just yet. A couple of good investments could swing that much.

Both Trump and Cruz took money and they must in order to fund a campaign of that size. $20 donations from Aunt Betty aren't going to git 'er dun. I don't fault either for it. We want what is best for our State and our Nation and the people we want to lead us need that funding to be effective against the Marxist machine. Now, if they start bending to that influence....to quote Tweety Bird, so long pooty tat.

Cruz is a yuuuuge step in the right direction especially, when contrasted with Cornyn. Eew, gross...I get a gritty and foul taste in my mouth just saying his name. My focus will be on keeping Cruz, getting rid of Cornyn and replacing him with someone like Lee, Paul, Sass, Cruz or Gohmert. We're headed there and that's why Cornyn is sweating. I like that.

Thanks for the clarification and info.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                      Cornyn has never been one of us. He is a snake.
                      This...

Comment

I've never heard of anyone actually liking the piece of trash known as Cornyn. How does this piece of trash keep getting elected?

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiakk View Post
                          I've never heard of anyone actually liking the piece of trash known as Cornyn. How does this piece of trash keep getting elected?
                          Because millions of people that you don't know like him enough to vote for him

Wait....if you don't know how he got elected who did you vote for in 2014?
                          Alameel?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                            Because millions of people that you don't know like him enough to vote for him

Wait....if you don't know how he got elected who did you vote for in 2014?
                            Alameel?
                            Look it's Capt Obvious. I'll be frank with you, I don't like who or what you portray on this forum. I consider you little more then a troll, and not worth responding to again. I just wanted to get that out there. Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiakk View Post
                              Same reason the swamp exists in Washington DC.
                              There is a strong establishment that controls things. With people like Cornyn he played ball with the elites like McConnel. Once you do that then they help control your primary challengers.

Most people are not involved in politics on the ground level. They show up to vote (if at all) on Election Day. The real election process has already occurred though at this point in the primaries.

So to answer the other question posed, yes most voted for him on Election Day because it was him or someone even worse on the other side.

People are too relaxed and asleep in Texas. This state’s political world could change very fast just like it did in California. The Liberals know that which is why they are starting to pour money into the state.

The changing demographics and the population shift from other liberal states will likely take its toll very soon.

Comment

Cornyn and Hillary are dating.

Comment

Working...
                                X