Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illinois

Been invited and have no idea what to expect. Private landowner that does not hunt. Should I bring lock on, climber, popup? Oct bowhunt. Thanks for any help and ideas. Not sure on exact location and lay of land yet. Should have more info this week.

If you don't have the chance to really scout the area I'd bring a climber.

Comment

I agree with Iowa. Get a typo map if available and apply for your permit with the DNR. Nonresident application deadline is the end of June. Good luck. Illinois is addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryf250 View Post
        I agree with Iowa. Get a typo map if available and apply for your permit with the DNR. Nonresident application deadline is the end of June. Good luck. Illinois is addictive.
        Topo map not typo.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryf250 View Post

Thanks. Never hunted out of state and did not know this.

Comment

Looks like right at $500 for archery permit and liscense.

Comment

Keep this thread going, i'm curious to see how your hunt goes. Good luck when it comes up also.

Comment

Hope you got your permit?

Comment

Got mine. Climbing stand should be on the way n

Comment

I hunt Illinois regularly. I suggest you take the lock-on and climber, if possible. If you only have one choice...I'd say lock-on because there's lots of large oaks. If you scout it properly a lock-on should work.

Comment

I would take a pop-up also. Never know when you find that perfect spot to put a stand but no tree to put it in.

Comment

Planning to take popup and not take lock on.

Comment

What others have said, you can tell a lot about where you need to be from a topo map or a satellite image

Comment

Working...
                          X