Weekend @ Kickapoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend @ Kickapoo

First time to lease for a quick Sunday afternoon hunt. Paul took a 3-1/2 YO 8 point first trick out of hat. We then drove to Kickapoo in the rain & took a doe & a spike. Free tag deer! 24 hunters took 3 deer. Hot as hello run most of hunters off first day. Thick at skeeters in the marsh. Great time & good hunting.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bowpete; 10-20-2006, 11:44 AM.

Took me awhile to figure out new site. Story was more detailed but this is what I ended up with.

Comment

Coingrats to yall too. When was the spike shot? I went to Bracketville after getting my tag for my deer and cleaned it at one of the other hunters leases. Didn't even know about the spike.

Jay

Comment

Is that 8 in the first picture the one yall had in the truck Monday morning?

Jay

Comment

congrats to the hunters. Super buck.

Comment

Took him late Sat, tuff tracking job, ranger was tracking a hog when we got in.He tagged him at campsite.

Comment

Congrats on the kills.

Comment

Congrats on the deer! I used to be on the Kickapoo Ranch lease just north of the state park on 674. What type of stands/blinds were ya'll using?

Comment

What am I talking about. I'm flashing back to many weekend hunts. He took spike last evening of hunt which was Tues. We all saw game in range every hunt except 3 hunts.

Comment

Took those from tripods. I hunterd a pop up & screwed up maybe. Left some limbs that prevented a shot first hunt. Then had a 4 point get to 5 yds b4 I saw him. Felt like he was looking at me but probably the blind. Did noy quite get a shot on him.

Comment

Congrats to all!

Comment

Congrats, nice deer!

Comment

congrats on the kills

Comment

congrats on the harvest.

Comment

Nice...

Comment

Working...