Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

new keith johns reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new keith johns reports?

ok this past weekends hunters lets hear the tales of the critters and their dirt naps!!

Bill

Keith Johns This Weekend

We all had a great time this weekend. I took a Catalina Goat and a hog. There were 4 rams also taken.
    Full story when I can post the pics to go with the story.For now lets just say great time lots of critters and a nice set up.
    Mike
    jmm83164 on yahoo

Comment

No doubt you had a great time. Awesome place and host. Get those pix up. I am heading that way in Jan.

Comment

looking forward to the pics!

also hope to be posting my own come sun. or mon.

hey jmm..... did keith get the 4 horn in yet?

Comment

I keep trying to call him but he won't pick up. Does anybody know whats up with that? I'm scheduled to go in a few weeks.

Comment

Keiths phone

Keith is hard to get on the phone becuase there is only one small area near the cleaning shed that phones work. He will get back to you sometimes takes a day or so.
            Mike
            jmm83164 on yahoo

Comment

[QUOTE=jmm83164;665470]Keith is hard to get on the phone becuase there is only one small area near the cleaning shed that phones work. He will get back to you sometimes takes a day or so.

Hey Mike it was great hunting with you we will have to do it again soon.

Comment

How big is Keiths ranch?

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
                  looking forward to the pics!

also hope to be posting my own come sun. or mon.

hey jmm..... did keith get the 4 horn in yet?

If you are speaking of the 4 horn I am thinking of he had one - and hitman(james) gave him the shaft.

I will be posting a report sometime today or tonight - I didn't take neraly as many pictures as I had planned or wanted to though.

Comment

Originally posted by predatoraddct View Post
                    How big is Keiths ranch?
                    If I remember correctly (which I usually don't) I think he said it is around 450 - someone correct me if I am wrong

Comment

I did let the air out of the coolest 4 horn you have ever seen and as soon as I get the pictures done I will post them.

Comment

My Trip to Keith Johns

I arrived at Keith 's about 2 on Thursday. I met Keith and Immediately liked him.Stowed my gear and we went for a ride and looked around the ranch on my first ride thru I saw rams and goats,black buck afew real nice ones. A little way further on I saw a herd of about 20 axis including 3 bucks that I was told were over 30 inch. I also saw some sika does and a red deer cow.
                        We went out about 5:30 and I set in a ground blind on the edge of the pasture a few black buck does came in and hung aroung for awhile.Later a young BB buck came in and didnt seem inclined to leave .
                        A couple hours later after the feeder went off the some rams filtered in and left.About an hour before dark some catalinas came in and a redheaded goat that I had picked for my self earlier gave me shot I couldn't pass up.
                        I took it and a couple seconds later he was down. I drug him away from the the feeder and and a few minutes later the small BB cam in and hung around till dark. I was picked up a little after dark and got my goat cleaned and put in the cooler. James and Wes had arived by this time. A couple beers some BS and dinner then off to bed.
                        Friday morning differant stand. Not much action a bunch of whitetails and some turkeys.
                        Friday afternoon Chris ,Doc and Casey came in,we all took a ride around the ranch and got ready for the nights hunt. Nothing was taken but everyone passed up shots.
                        Saturday morning James shot a nice ram and FORREST GOAT the retard four horned sheep goat. {Sorry James couldnt resist lol}.
                        Later that morning Casey and Chris both got nice rams and Doc got a Sika doe.
                        Saturday Night Wes got a good black ram and I was busted by a couple good boars.
                        Sunday morning no one got anything . After I made a breakfast of Scrapple and eggs [ It was met with mixed results] Everyone said their goodbyes and
                        later that night I took my boar.
                        This was my first Texas hunt and if it gets better than Keith Johns Ranch. I say prove it.Had an awesome time , the cabin was comfortable and everthing worked.
                        Keith and his son Wade are good people who know and love there work . If you dont have a goodtime here Id be real surprised.
                        Mike
                        jmm83164 on yahoo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmm83164/

Comment

enjoyed the write up. glad you had a great time.

Comment

congratulations, i have quiet a bit of video of that goat, around every feeder i hunted there.he is very distinct! he looks like he may have died of a headache by the arrow shaft sticking out of his noggin .keith is a great guy!!, i know you had a great time!how was you flight? did you keep your goat meat? I cant stand to eat them, taste horrible to me. however the hogs are quiet tasty!!

Bill

Comment

Thanks for the write up, where is theis ranch?

Comment

Working...
                              X