No announcement yet.

Need Awesome Trout fishing Lodge - private

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at the 4UR in Colorado outside of creede. I have heard great things. Cow creek in New Mexico is a sweet little spot with some big fish. I spent a long weekend there. They shut down for a while but may be back running. Lots of places out there with great lodges, private water and fabulous fly fishing. You have to decide if you want stream or lake fishing. I don’t like catching trout in lakes as much so that cuts a few out for me. I would look though what some of the booking sites have to offer. Like the fly shop, Orvis, yellowdog, etc. I took a trip to 5 rivers lodge in Montana when I finished my training. That’s been 15+ years ago and we only fished private water one day. But it was fantastic!

Comment

Look at fly water travel and yellow dog fly fishing for some ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
        Try roaring River State Park. Casseville, Missouri.
        Cabins and hotel on the river, Fish are stocked daily. It can be any where from 400 fish to 2,000 depending on how many tags were sold previous year X formula
        Now you got me looking at this! Eureka Springs was one of the first trips me and the wife took when we were dating! Can stay there a weekend and drive 20 miles and go fish during the day! Any suggestions on the fishing there? We're both average at best fly fisher people!

Comment

Healing Waters Lodge in Montana.

Comment

Most of what they float on the Grey Reef section is a lease. In Wyoming, on navigable rivers, that means they can anchor, beach the boat, wade fish, etc in a place that other people can only float it straight through. As far as fish, the North Platte is one of the best (maybe the best) big fish rivers in the lower 48.

One of the two owners is a guy I grew up with in Beaumont. I have known him and his wife forever. They are fantastic, down to earth people.

Comment

If you want kid friendly tell him to give Rockbridge Rainbow Trout and Game Ranch a try. The wife and I stayed a couple years ago and was very enjoyable. The fishing can be as easy or hard as you like. Accommodations range from simple, clean one bedroom 1950's style motel type rooms to rustic log cabin houses. Very reasonable and has a four star restaurant on the premises. If you get tired of catching fish they also have a sporting clays course. I believe their web site is www.rockbridgemo.com.

Comment

Working...
              X