Itโ€™s complicated 😐

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itโ€™s complicated 😐

To make a long story short for whatever reason my scope is defective and waaay off ! I found this out back at camp after this mornings circus in the woods. Just an FYI to all if you shoot a hogs tongue off he gets really really angry !!! His tongue was laying on the ground right where he was standing.
    Last edited by sharkhunter; 11-23-2018, 01:18 PM.

Trick shooting were ya

Comment

bump tha scope after sighting it in this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
        bump tha scope after sighting it in this year?
        More then a bump. It’s shooting a 16inch group. I have no idea what has happened. I don’t remember ever bumping it and it shot a nice 1-1/2” group at the range right before season and it’s been in a hard case so I am lost as to what could have happened. It’s not going back in the woods untill I get new glass on it and a trip to the range.
        Last edited by sharkhunter; 11-23-2018, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Keep shootin. One of them is bound to hit him. I bet that hog will be waiting for you next time you walk to the stand. What brand scope?

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
            Keep shootin. One of them is bound to hit him. I bet that hog will be waiting for you next time you walk to the stand. What brand scope?
            It was a Simmons. That sucker went nuts and tore up the woods for about 100yrs screaming like a woman with her hair on fire. I could only get off one shot. It was unnerving to say the least.
            Last edited by sharkhunter; 11-23-2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

The FIRST thing I would do is make sure with a torque wrench that all screws are the proper setting. If they are, so many unknown variables. Cheap scopes can do the same hole groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerang View Post
                The FIRST thing I would do is make sure with a torque wrench that all screws are the proper setting. If they are, so many unknown variables. Cheap scopes can do the same hole groups.
                I have a wheeler torque driver. All are at 18in/lbs. never had a problem with Simmons before. This was on my lever gun I use for hogs so I wanted a compact scope. Guess it gets a Leupold vx3 now as well.

Comment

Check the hardware that secures the receiver/barrel to the stock, happened to me once, they were loose as a goose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had 2 Simmons scopes. The first was a Simmons 5x20 Whitetail which has been spot on ever since I installed it about 10 yrs ago. Never have moved the zero. The second was a 22mag scope with BDC and re-settable zero turrets. Never got that one to shoot worth a s*#@. I'm talking 12"groups @ 25 yds on a Savage bolt 22. Can't hit a squirrel with that except by accident. Will stick to better quality from now on.

Comment

I had that happen to me it ended up being the mount screws that worked loose

Comment

That took some skill to time his mouth opening so you could shoot his tongue off

Comment

did you check the rings/mounts ? one of them might be loose ?

Comment

Nerve heard of a pig tongue shooter before, there must be a new millennial fad for pickled pig tongues.

Comment

May not be your case, but my dad had similar issues years ago. Ended up being a small nick at he end of his barrel on the inside. Gunsmith repaired the nick and all was well.

Comment

Working...
                              X