Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
    If the Corp engineer ramps close like cedar creek is there a good option to go to?

Saw Davis Guide Service (out of Crowley) pulling off 2604 with a wet trailer and boat. Talked to him about the striper biting but he didn’t disclose where he put in at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m headed that way in am, hoping to find a spot to put in at. I prefer to hit mid to upper lake but may not have a choice.

Comment

Sad news:"Burleson went on locckdown this morning. From what county judge Ron Harmon has said yesterday, he expects the commisioners meeting this Friday to make it a county wide order.

The fish are bite-n and there's hogs to be killed, gotta go!

Comment

Does this mean no go on opening weekend of Turkey season next week?

Comment

It does if you live in Burleson at the moment. If Johnson cnty declares a shelter in place, it will mean the same for the county. You will only be allowed to leave yormur residence for "essential business". But can go for a walk, run, or bikeride for ecercise. You will need to read the regs on the city websight as to the specifics as to what essential business is.

Comment

Who wants to hog hunt in the morning? I promise I will stay 6ft away lol. I’m hitting up Aquilla

Comment

Thinking of hitting A lake for crappie either Saturday or Sunday, hope we don't end up in the Hillsboro pokey.

Comment

good time to have a broke boat

Comment

Originally posted by yarddog254 View Post
                    good time to have a broke boat
                    Yep. And I just got mine float worthy last Saturday. [emoji23][emoji22][emoji23][emoji22][emoji23][emoji22]

Guess I'll do my taxes this weekend. And work on a few other projects, after the house chores. [emoji53]

Comment

Hood is shelter in place but I don't see much difference. Lowe's and home Depot were busy. Kinda chaps me a little, the big three can stay open as essential and sell non essentials, like plants. Our nurseries are expected to close. We decided if their plants are essential, so are ours. I hope the retail outlets we sell to have the same opinion, otherwise, we won't have any market share left. I'm all for bending the curve, but when exceptions are made, the government starts picking winners and loosers. It should be essential items, not stores. At least that way we all get hurt on the same items.

Marinas are closed but gun stores that sell boats aren't.
                      Rant over. Let's go fishin.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Yep. And I just got mine float worthy last Saturday. [emoji23][emoji22][emoji23][emoji22][emoji23][emoji22]

Guess I'll do my taxes this weekend. And work on a few other projects, after the house chores. [emoji53]

Being I'm someone who does that for a living, you've gotta be pretty far down to the bottom of the barrel to do taxes. What? No emergency root canals? No septic cleaning needs done? I'd resort scraping the grease out of the grill first.

Comment

I just had all my dental work done at the first of the year before all this started . And don't have a septic (city sewer, and I'm trying to get out of here). And my fire pit is what I cook on right now, that burns the grease off . And since it's raining outside at the moment, I guess I'll start Taxes . Maybe take a bike ride all over town a little later today. They can't say nothing about that; essential exercise.

Comment

PK is closing it's gates slowly but surely. Releasing little over 2200 cfs. And Grandbury is down to little over 4400 cfs.

W lake is 4.15 feet above normal. And dropping just over half a foot in the last 24hrs. Gates are releasing just over 16.9k fps.

A lake is 2.05 feet above normal. And has dropped 4" in the last 24 hours. Hopefully this rain we're getting at the moment, won't flood it again. A lake is releasing 650cfs behind the dam. Perfect for those who can go fish it!

Comment

Well the morning youth turkey hunt didn’t pan out with the rain. Now on to evening hunts to see if we can get a gobbler!

Comment

Harbor master and lake whitney marina are open today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X