Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miket View Post
    Drove by Cagle ( north end Conroe ) today and the gates were closed. Sign said closed to protect public and employees. I hardly ever saw it manned. It is set up for self pay. I dont get it. Ticks me off.
    I don't get it. It's not like they help launch the boat

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey some of you crappie experts tell me what you do when the lake levels get high in the spring?

The old favorites where I catch crappie spawning up in the creeks get flooded out and the fish seem to scatter and I can never find spawning fish in these conditions in large amounts.

What do you do to find fish? Go farther up the creeks? Fish shallow brush piles? It seems all the new brush along the shorelines scatter the fish.

What do you think?

Comment

I have a 5 acre pond at the farm that I manage for bass fishing and it is important that I pull X hundred pounds of predator fish out every year. That includes all crappie regardless of size and bass under 15".

My son and friends caught 25-30 fishing off the dock this weekend using minnows.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
          Hey some of you crappie experts tell me what you do when the lake levels get high in the spring?

The old favorites where I catch crappie spawning up in the creeks get flooded out and the fish seem to scatter and I can never find spawning fish in these conditions in large amounts.

What do you do to find fish? Go farther up the creeks? Fish shallow brush piles? It seems all the new brush along the shorelines scatter the fish.

What do you think?
          I usually find another lake. Or just sit it out.

The fish are bite-n and there's hogs to be killed, gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
            Drove by Cagle ( north end Conroe ) today and the gates were closed. Sign said closed to protect public and employees. I hardly ever saw it manned. It is set up for self pay. I dont get it. Ticks me off.
            830 ramp or Stow away open? Asking for a friend

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              I usually find another lake. Or just sit it out.

I choose A! Never sit it out!! High water pushes em deeper in the bushes and scatters em out. More water. Same amount of fish. That’s why boats are on trailers! I’m heading somewhere else if I got a choice, but I’ve had great days on flooded lakes several times.

Comment

I was fishing on the other side of the pond putting crappie on a stringer. After a while those fish started splashing around as something was trying to get them. I cast in that direction and a big ol bucket mouth bass hit the lure with a vengeance. He weighed just shy of 5 pounds.

Comment

But...but...I'ma GOF! I can sit it out, in the boat.

Seriously, I'd change to whisker fishes when it floods or muddies up to much. I'ma more than a one fish sorta man. Maybe that's why I ain't married?

Comment

Any places to bank fish crappie spawn in Lubbock. I hate living here.... would be slaying them if I still had a boat and still lived in Abilene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heading to Whitney for the first time ever this morning. Any tips?

Going with a bass guy but planning to beat banks with jigs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. Deep dropoffs from the bank. And clear water. I may not find a crappie. Pulled a couple good bass on my jigs though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hooked a few good ones.
                          Attached Files

Comment

That’s a big azz crappie!

Comment

I hate spring. Last Saturday and Sunday I caught a limit of fish in a couple of hours on a couple of trees in the bend of a creek. Went yesterday and they were gone.... I mean not 1 fish to be found. We fished all over the lake and ended up with 12 fish.
                              Come on May
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4061.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	24612809

Name:	IMG_4165.jpg
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	24612810

Name:	IMG_4166.jpg
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	24612811

Comment

At least you caught a few. And your allowed to leave the house.

Comment

Working...
                                X