I'm missing Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm missing Texas

We moved to Omaha, Nebraska back in June. I am sure missing Texas and the good ol Texas hunting. Anybody have any words of wisdom on how to get over it?

Pack up and head south....don't stop until you pass the Red River

Comment

Yessir. Just remember that summer lasts longer than deer season. That should get you over it.

Comment

Lol. Thanks.

Comment

Lots of opportunities in NE too. Antelope, mule deer, big whitetails, Merriam turkeys as well as Rios, surely lots of waterfowl. You can probably even find some sod poodles to shoot in the spring.

Comment

There's a lot of game up here but it's just not the same as Texas. Thank you for the encouragement though.

Comment

Not the same how? Bigger deer, more waterfowl, great upland bird hunting.

Comment

Moved to Illinois 6 years ago after 50 years in TEXAS, 5th generation Texan. It sucks big time! Never stops sucking!. Good people in Nebraska, so enjoy them.

I have found year after year we, wife, myself and kids, are tougher than those that have lived here their entire life!

Do what you need to do up north and move back as soon as possible!

Comment

^^^It's definitely more work in Nebraska, but for what you're getting for the cost, it's second to none.

Comment

I can send you pics of my thermometer when it is 105 down here.

Comment

I made several moves thru the years to a lot of different places. There were good and bad things about all of them. It is your choice whether you focus on the positives and explore new experiences or dwell on the negatives and not be happy.

Comment

I should have added, I was referring to hunting, not day to day life.

Comment

Ducks and geese are smart enough to head south for the winter

Comment

I would get out and explore your new area might learn to enjoy it.

Comment

If time is a problem you could fly down on a Saturday. Hunt a 100 acre pen should be shot out that evening fly home Sunday. Just a thought

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X