Racoons - What to do Afterwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    Just relocate them safely away from you property to a heavily wooded area. No need to kill them just because you can. In my humble opinion.

I 100% agree with this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
      So then they can turn into someone elses problem and they can then trap them and bring them back your way and turn them loose safely. Lol!

Problem?
      Explain why they are a problem to you

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
        Problem?
        Explain why they are a problem to you

I didn't say coons were a problem for me at this time but are obviously a problem for OP for him to need to trap them and reduce the population.
        Last edited by ShaBow; 12-16-2018, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
          I 100% agree with this

Uncle...you do KNOW that it is illegal to trap, transport and relocate critters...right?
          Reason being ,if it enough of a problem for you to trap and relocate, it will be the same problem for someone else.

a) Declaration. The Executive Commissioner of the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) declares a statewide rabies quarantine.

(1) Statewide quarantine. The area is defined by the borders of the State of Texas.

(2) It is illegal to transport animals subject to the statewide rabies quarantine from, to, or within the State of Texas.

(3) Animals subject to the statewide rabies quarantine include any live species of fox, skunk, coyote, or raccoon indigenous or naturalized to North America.

(4) Transport exceptions. Animals subject to the statewide rabies quarantine may be transported by peace officers and individuals hired or contracted by local, state, or federal government agencies to deal with stray animals when such transport is a part of their official duty. These animals may also be transported by employees of zoos or other institutions accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums when such transport is part of their official duty; educators permitted by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department for educational display; rehabilitators permitted by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department; an entity issued authorization for nuisance fur-bearing animal relocation from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department; and pest management professionals licensed by the Texas Department of Agriculture. If an exempt individual transports such animals for release, the animals must be released within a ten-mile radius or within ten miles of the city limits of where they were originally captured and the release must be within the county in which they were originally captured.

(b) Executive Commissioner of the HHSC's designee. The Executive Commissioner of the HHSC's designee is the commissioner of the Department of State Health Services, whom the Executive Commissioner of the HHSC appoints to act as his or her designee as described in the Texas Health and Safety Code, §826.045.

CHOOT"EM! is what I say.
          KIMG1632 by Tony Pic, on Flickr
          Last edited by Tony Pic; 12-16-2018, 07:37 AM.

Comment

If you in the city, Start the Lawnmower and get the .22

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
              Shouldn’t it be obvious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I’ve always wanted one of these lmao

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                shoot them in the face
                But this usually happens. Preach!!

Coyotes gotta eat too. Kill all coons!!

Comment

Odds of realistically getting a ticket for releasing a trapped racoon,opposum,rabbit and squirrel back into a heavily wooded area. 1:1,000,000,000,000

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Odds of realistically getting a ticket for releasing a trapped racoon,opposum,rabbit and squirrel back into a heavily wooded area. 1:1,000,000,000,000
                    So we should ONLY follow rules/laws that we are going to get caught breaking?
                    Why buy a hunting license? Game wardens cannot be everywhere...right?
                    As outdoorsman more is expected from us. Just because of the fact that what we do is often isolated and solitary and no one would know.

Comment

I decided to start feeding protein again since I’m tagged out. These A-holes almost drained 300lb in 2 weeks.
                      6 dog-proofs are about to be put to work!

I figure coyote bait is a good use for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just checked traps this morning ... 1st time using Dog Proof traps ... Me - 1 ... Racoons - 0

Comment

Working...
                        X