2019 BowTech line up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
    I shot the Sr6 a couple says ago, and wow. It’s a heck of a nice shooting bow. If I had an extra grand laying around, it would have come home with me, no questions asked. One of the only bows I’ve ever shot that I felt that way about.

And to say that Hoyt is out-doing Bowtech is kind of funny. Hoyt hasn’t come out with anything leaps and bounds ahead of their Alphamax or Faktor, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There isn’t really downside to split limbs other than they generally have less cross sectional area compared to a solid limb design. As long as they are engineered and manufactured properly that’s really not an issue. What they DO allow is increased preload which is evident by many of the “beyond parallel” designs you see today. Also, many are connected with yokes as well which can increase the tuning options for a bow and as Low Fence referenced cam lean.

Case in point: My e35 is an awesome bow and uses a solid limb design. Lucky the bow has pretty good nock travel out of the box because the only real option is the start shimming cams. Once again proving nothing is perfect, you just have to work within the confines of the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      That’s the feature that makes them the most tunable bow out now. I love it. Been shooting that system since the D350 and hunt rough county and crawl and stalk as well. Never an issue

But I can see the concern you mentioned
      While I’m an admitted Hoyt guy, I agree that the dual yoke system is the most highly tunable system out. You can very easily manipulate cam lean on both cams, which is awesome.

The yokes don’t seem to be an issue for durability, as there are a lot of extreme mountain hunter types running hoyts and bowtech with no issues.

Comment

I bought a reign 6 last year as an upgrade from on older single piece limb bowtech. The new ones are incredibly easy to tune. My old one is a real pain. I don't ever want another bow that doesn't have yokes.

Comment

Thanks guys... I understand better. I've stayed away for years because of that misunderstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            I bought a new bow last week. What stopped me from the Realm was that the string mounts outside of the limbs, making it the first thing to hit a branch, or rock, or any other sharp object while stalking. I can't find a good photo of it, but for spot and stalk, all I would worry about was damaging the string while crawling on the ground.

I realize that is the last gen, but the new one has the same mounts. I wanted to like it, but that little thing stopped me from Bowtech.
            those outside yolks are what make hybrid and dual cam bows extremely easy to tune. allows you to make twists and such without the need to shim or anything else. i have had multiple yolk bows with nary a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              I bought a new bow last week. What stopped me from the Realm was that the string mounts outside of the limbs, making it the first thing to hit a branch, or rock, or any other sharp object while stalking. I can't find a good photo of it, but for spot and stalk, all I would worry about was damaging the string while crawling on the ground.

I realize that is the last gen, but the new one has the same mounts. I wanted to like it, but that little thing stopped me from Bowtech.
              Back in the day, ALL bows had outboard mounted yokes like this; true dual cams had the same configuration as the overdrive binary in this respect.

I understand your concern, but it's really unfounded. Thousands of bowhunters dragged our bows through all kinds of crap and I can't ever remember any of us (that I knew anyway) having an issue with damaging the yoke loops or yokes because of it. And those bows were loooong!

I handled an SR this weekend, nice ride for sure, but not for me.

Comment

Working...
              X