Any Archer county hunters here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Archer county hunters here?

Trying a new place in Southern Archer co. Lots of sign and tracks plus from looks lots of hogs. Overall how big do the deer avg.? Have a large field that gets planted in winter wheat in winter and usually corn in summer. 5 ponds on the place so water is plentiful. I've hunted in young co so guessing avg buck will be upper 120's at 4.5?

I think you will be suprised with more than 120 inch deer. There are several tbh guys that hunt Archer. We are north of you in Wilbarger county. Lots of hogs around everywhere. Good wheat and cold cold weather will bring the deer in.

Comment

I hunt archer county just east of Lake Kickapoo. We’ve been pleased with our progress on the property

Comment

I grew up in Olney. A buddy’s dad has snagged to 160+ deer in southern Archer that I can remember. Granted that’s not the norm, but it can be done. I think 130-140 would be pretty dang successful typically.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          I grew up in Olney. A buddy’s dad has snagged to 160+ deer in southern Archer that I can remember. Granted that’s not the norm, but it can be done. I think 130-140 would be pretty dang successful typically.
          Thats good to hear. I'm about 6-7mi NW of Olney.

Comment

I’ve got land in Megargel west of Olney. Killed a 140 with bow last year. Biggest deer killed in 20yrs. I get about 3-4 110-130” bucks on camera every year but they are hard to hunt on my area. Small parcels of land and everyone shoots 13.1” buck before they fully mature.

Comment

I agree with tx03rubi comment

Comment

For about 5 years I was on a lease on the SW side of Lake Kickapoo. I loved that place - a great combo of thick gnarly creek bottoms and crop fields. Biggest buck killed was in the 140 range but we always saw bigger ones on camera that got us excited. Our group fell apart or I would probably still be on it.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                  Thats good to hear. I'm about 6-7mi NW of Olney.
                  Is that off the lake cooper road?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                    Is that off the lake cooper road?

Walsh rd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                      Walsh rd

Should be good country. I live about 10 minutes from there off of Kincy rd

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                        Should be good country. I live about 10 minutes from there off of Kincy rd

I’ll be in your neck of the woods come Friday. Going to be doing some clearing off Cottonwood Rd just north of town.

Comment

Yall all join our Middle of North Texas 4th edition thread!

Comment

Originally posted by abcdj View Post
                            yall all join our middle of north texas 4th edition thread!
                            10-4

Comment

Bumping this

Comment

Working...
                              X