Bad shot im sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad shot im sick

it was 27 degrees quit and the deer were on their toes,i finially got a doe clear at 17 yards for the shot. i made the draw lined up my pin and released sounds easy but threw the excitment i forgot to put my grunt call under my hoodie you know what happen next my string hit the call and my shot went left . i hit the doe high and back a punch shot, i watched her run off with the other does. i looked for hours no blood, no deer. any thoughts that she might live?

They're tough creatures - I bet she's running and is going to be fine.

Comment

99.9% of the time they will not survive a shot anywhere in the digestive tract. I bet she will lay down somewhere and die within 12 hours of the shot. A good dog will find her.

Comment

I'd give her all day and go look. If you didn't push her or nothing else did, she shouldn't go far.

Comment

What does the arrow look like?

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
            99.9% of the time they will not survive a shot anywhere in the digestive tract. I bet she will lay down somewhere and die within 12 hours of the shot. A good dog will find her.
            ^^ Yessir

Comment

Gut shot will die. Could take hours or more than a day to die. Depending on blood loss as well. I wouldn't even head in the deers direction for 12 hrs if I knew it was a paunch shot

Comment

Good luck. Hope you find her

Comment

Originally posted by santafehillbily View Post
                  it was 27 degrees quit and the deer were on their toes,i finially got a doe clear at 17 yards for the shot. i made the draw lined up my pin and released sounds easy but threw the excitment i forgot to put my grunt call under my hoodie you know what happen next my string hit the call and my shot went left . i hit the doe high and back a punch shot, i watched her run off with the other does. i looked for hours no blood, no deer. any thoughts that she might live?
                  If you hit her in the paunch, she will not survive.

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                    True

Comment

I made a bad shot on a doe this year too and till this day I still think about it and sick about it but Ive learned from my mistake and now everytime another animal will appear I will think about that deer before I make my shot.. Give it time and if you dont find.it like I didnt then just learn from it.. My problem was I didnt give the doe enough time and bumped her so give her time is the best you can do..

Comment

Like others have said, a dog would be best. Next best thing is time (10-12 hrs) followed by searches focused around nearest water source. Sorry to hear. Hope you find her

Comment

zero blood on the shaft, fletching lite tent,slight smell of gut on fletching, i found two drops of blood about 100 yards away, blood was poinsettia red

Comment

Originally posted by santafehillbily View Post
                            zero blood on the shaft, fletching lite tent,slight smell of gut on fletching, i found two drops of blood about 100 yards away, blood was poinsettia red
                            You sir need a dog. Deer will die if it isn't already. If the deer is still alive it no doubtly has a fever and not feeling well. Which means it will stay in its bed till you are right on top of him. Possibly will go to water.

Comment

Bad shot im sick (update)

we found her about 300 yards from the shot the next day but the yotes beat me to her

Comment

Working...
                              X