Goliad County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goliad County

Any reports from the area? I have not been able to spend as much time in the woods as I would like. Will hopefully get out there this weekend and then hit it hard before christmas... anyways I have seen a couple of nice deer but nothing within bow range. I'd love to hear from anyone that hunts the area. Success? Rut? Thanks.
    -D

thick neck on the buck I got this past weekend which I was told meant rut time.

Refugio/Goliad counties, deer were everywhere on the colder days....not so much when it warmed up on sunday, plenty for me in bow range but wasn't bow hunting unfortunately....still plenty muddy out, plenty muddy and it's been raining again too....pack your waders....

Comment

My buddy killed a 140ish 12 point yesterday in Goliad.

Comment

talked to a buddy who has been down there last 4 days. All rain, no deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck2230 View Post
          My buddy killed a 140ish 12 point yesterday in Goliad.
          Excellent, I've had my eye on a few myself...

Ya a few weather models suggest snow flurries Friday but I just can't see that happening. Hopefully it will stay cool and somewhat dry. I'll let ya'll know how it goes after the weekend.

Comment

Pack Rubber Boots for sure, Deer on Our Place are chasing Does. We are on The Goliad Refugio County Line.

Comment

Saw alot of deer out around the Schroeder area last weekend. They should be moving more with the cooler weather but it's still a full moon.

Comment

Saw some decent activity this weekend. Seems like the next cool front we get should heat the action up quite a bit!

Comment

Working...
                X