Nope. Not today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. Not today!

We voted early on Wednesday and I witnessed a confidence restoring event in our election system.

We had just arrived and I saw an older guy walk from the county clerk's office a half a block and into the early voting door. He was the only other voter in the place. Three poll workers greeted him. He presented his ID and they read it. And handed him his ID back. Then the following exchange took place.

Pollsters - Sir, you have a mail in ballot. You cannot vote here unless you present your mail in ballot. (My attention is suddenly very peaked.)

Man - Huh? Um... welllll....

Pollsters - You do have that right?

Man - Um... welll... it's at home.

Pollsters - Well sir, you cannot vote unless you present that to us or you can drop it off at the clerk's office.

Man - I don't know where that is. (Me in my mind: You just came from there!)

Pollsters explain where it is. then - you can drop it off there or mail it.

Man - There's no way I can vote today?

Pollsters - Not unless you bring your mail in ballot before we close.

Man - Hum... welllllll...... what if I tell you I lost it. (Me - once a liar always a liar.)

Pollsters - you will have to take that up with the Clerk's office. Then one says, can he vote with a provisional ballot? The one in charge says, "NO! He has a ballot according to our records. He cannot vote at all today unless he brings the mail in ballot."

The pollster in charge asked me quite loudly, "Ma'am, please step up. We are ready for you."

Man - Oh, ok well then... and turns to leave.

Me, silently and grinning ear to ear under my mask, "Well.... Bye."

I'm so glad we have early voting in Texas because it really allows the pollsters to learn about special circumstances and hopefully lets them figure out efficiency.

I wonder how many people with mail in ballots were allowed to get away with this at other locations.

Comment

None. It is against the law, according that clerk that was in charge. Secretary of State has a record of everyone who requested and was sent a mail in ballot.

Comment

And this... this ladies and gentlemen is why we should not allow vote by mail. It is simply a way to cheat the system. Active Duty deployed military excluded of course.

Comment

Here is the problem- My parents never requested a Mail in Ballot. They sent them one anyway. My Mom is her 80s was furious. She read every word and fine print. It states in fine print you must take ballot with you to vote. She went and voted in person and gave them an ear full I'm sure. My parents are listed as "R" and have been for years. They have been very involved with the party in local elections.

Comment

I'm glad it happened that way Tracey, but just think about this same scenario in a place such as Harris County, third or fifth ward... Do you really think those polling volunteers will be that diligent in not letting folks with mail in ballot records vote AGAIN? And that's how they plan to steal the election.

Comment

Early voted today. Had to wait in line for near an hour. It is the first time ever in Gilmer. Normally just walk up and vote. The ladies said they had never seen so many people voting. As we stood in line people were all talking about how they were afraid. Several said communist were taking over. One fellow said he had moved from California and was afraid they were trying to turn the entire country into the mess he had moved away from.
              I can’t say who will win the country this year but as far as Upshur county Texas goes I believe Trump will pull 90%

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                Early voted today. Had to wait in line for near an hour. It is the first time ever in Gilmer. Normally just walk up and vote. The ladies said they had never seen so many people voting. As we stood in line people were all talking about how they were afraid. Several said communist were taking over. One fellow said he had moved from California and was afraid they were trying to turn the entire country into the mess he had moved away from.
                I can’t say who will win the country this year but as far as Upshur county Texas goes I believe Trump will pull 90%

Thanks Marty! That is encouraging. Is Upshur County considered red already or maybe more balanced and purple? I'd sure like to see reports of purple or blue counties turning out like this!! In my heart, it think that indeed will be the case...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  I'm glad it happened that way Tracey, but just think about this same scenario in a place such as Harris County, third or fifth ward... Do you really think those polling volunteers will be that diligent in not letting folks with mail in ballot records vote AGAIN? And that's how they plan to steal the election.
                  The control system is working. The pollsters could be fined or jailed for allowing this.

Comment

I do hope you are right, but it scares me to death... There are so, so many blue polling locations that I fear will come up with some "plausible deniability"...

Comment

Well crap, we received mail in ballots. We did not request them and planned to vote in person, so we threw them away. What now?

Comment

Originally posted by stingerslinger View Post
                        Well crap, we received mail in ballots. We did not request them and planned to vote in person, so we threw them away. What now?

You're screwed, BUT I'd file a formal complaint and file suit in a federal court for voter suppression...

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          Here is the problem- My parents never requested a Mail in Ballot. They sent them one anyway. My Mom is her 80s was furious. She read every word and fine print. It states in fine print you must take ballot with you to vote. She went and voted in person and gave them an ear full I'm sure. My parents are listed as "R" and have been for years. They have been very involved with the party in local elections.
                          May I ask what state/county they reside in?

Comment

Originally posted by stingerslinger View Post

I’d go in person to vote. Things get lost in the mail all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              None. It is against the law, according that clerk that was in charge. Secretary of State has a record of everyone who requested and was sent a mail in ballot.
                              It's against the law to take unemployment and not apply for jobs but millions do that also and no one seems to care.

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              I don't understand how/why they make it so hard to see if someone voted twice. Seems super simple since everything's on computers now.

Comment

Working...
                              X