Trailer mounted Tent - Deer Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
    You may need a slightly elevated floor in there condensation may build up and cause you some issues

I hope not. The tent is vented on both ends on top as well as the floor of the trailer. The carpet is rubber bottom so hopefully we can keep it dry inside. We shall see. Will definitely learn and tweak-it as we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have this to fit the entire floor.

Comment

Just keep your ridge pole openings open and you will not have a moisture issue.
        Davis Tent is great to deal with, you should enjoy your new set up. Looks like it will work well for you.

Comment

that is a great idea to get off the ground and not lose cargo space. U may need to put supports on the 4 corners of the trailer for stability when set up

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
            that is a great idea to get off the ground and not lose cargo space. U may need to put supports on the 4 corners of the trailer for stability when set up

It ties down to the trailer side rails in multiple spots for stability. We didn’t do this during initial set-up as we were just checking for fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post

I see what you are saying. This trailer is a TANK. weights 3,500 lbs empty and with two 7,500 lb axels it is rock solid. I will keep it hooked up to truck and probably put the front jack down, but a grown man can jump up and down on it and it stays still.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                I see what you are saying. This trailer is a TANK. weights 3,500 lbs empty and with two 7,500 lb axels it is rock solid. I will keep it hooked up to truck and probably put the front jack down, but a grown man can jump up and down on it and it stays still.

It doesn't matter how heavy it is. A trailer will sway and rock becuase it's sitting on wheels. That is why travel trailers have the stabilizer jacks on all 4 corners. You could probably get away with chocking the wheels, or use an X-Chock between the tandem wheels, and it works pretty good. You may even have to disconnect from the truck to get it level.

I like your build! Keep us updated.

Comment

Blocks at the corners.
                  Make sure your sod cloth is under the legs for real set up.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                    Blocks at the corners.
                    Make sure your sod cloth is under the legs for real set up.

I will have to cut the sod cloth at the legs for proper installation per the manufacturer’s recommendation due to the legs fitting inside the female inserts on the trailer.

Comment

Great ,, very nice set-up..

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

great build TXbrass
                          I really like the simplicity of this so you can haul a big utv and gear up the mt.
                          One of my biggest problems has always been finding a good flat camp spot on public lands for a tent.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                            great build TXbrass
                            I really like the simplicity of this so you can haul a big utv and gear up the mt.
                            One of my biggest problems has always been finding a good flat camp spot on public lands for a tent.

Yep...that was the concept. 100% trailer when hauling and then 100% deer camp. Even have the skinning rack.

Comment

That is a really awesome setup. Glad you found a tent company interested in your project.

Comment

Wow I’ve never considered a spike camp tent setup on a trailer. Very cool idea and very practical to be able to use the trailer with or without the tent. Can’t wait to see pictures of it all set up in action. Good luck this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X