Need help quoting a pipe fence job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help quoting a pipe fence job

I’m in the process of quoting a job and could use some advice from the GS pros. To say I’m a rookie at this type of work would be a huge understatement so I’m not 100% what I’m getting into lol.
    I’m adding 2 rows of 1’ 5/8” pipe to the bottom of a 2’ pipe fence to slow the property owners dogs down. All in all it will be @154 pieces of pipe that will need a saddle cut and welded in place.
    Pipe alone will run $2,267 delivered
    Any and all input will be greatly appreciated [emoji109]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get you a BUNCH of these if you can find one that is the right size for your use. Cutting the saddles out on that many joints is going to be a royal pain in the rear. Also a helluva lot easier to get your saddle right going 2"-2" if you can talk them in to than trying to put 1 5/8" to 2"

Welding a pipe fence is fairly uncomplicated but getting the saddle cut and prepared CAN be a time-consuming process. Precut Saddles can save you...

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
      Get you a BUNCH of these if you can find one that is the right size for your use. Cutting the saddles out on that many joints is going to be a royal pain in the rear. Also a helluva lot easier to get your saddle right going 2"-2" if you can talk them in to than trying to put 1 5/8" to 2"

Welding a pipe fence is fairly uncomplicated but getting the saddle cut and prepared CAN be a time-consuming process. Precut Saddles can save you...

https://www.springcreekproducts.com/...el-Pals?page=1

That would be a game changer! Thx

Comment

Ttt, any guesstimates?

Comment

Comment

Mark and torch out a round hole hole for the pipe to fit in. Insert pipe and weld at your leisure.

Comment

No help on the estimate but those would have saved me a ton of work while working Cameron Elastomer Technology. I built a ton of handrails for platforms and I can tell you that even with a wrap there was some fill work that had to be done. For me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                Mark and torch out a round hole hole for the pipe to fit in. Insert pipe and weld at your leisure.
                Another great idea.

Comment

The definition of handy is Circle Burner. This tool has become one of my favorites when I’m building pipe fence or just if I need to cut a circle out with my torch. I don’t know about you but I’m not too good at cutting a perfect circle handheld. The Circle Burner has become a necessity with how muc

If you decide to go the circle in the post route get one of these. Also this guy has some good pipe fence videos on you tube with some tips.

Comment

Yep!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bignick612 View Post
                      https://www.arosswelding.com/shop/circleburner

If you decide to go the circle in the post route get one of these. Also this guy has some good pipe fence videos on you tube with some tips.

I had a welder over in Louisiana building H braces using one of these. His was homemade. It sure cut some slick holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                        I’m in the process of quoting a job and could use some advice from the GS pros. To say I’m a rookie at this type of work would be a huge understatement so I’m not 100% what I’m getting into lol.
                        I’m adding 2 rows of 1’ 5/8” pipe to the bottom of a 2’ pipe fence to slow the property owners dogs down. All in all it will be @154 pieces of pipe that will need a saddle cut and welded in place.
                        Pipe alone will run $2,267 delivered
                        Any and all input will be greatly appreciated [emoji109]

When’s delivery date on pipe? My suppliers just sent out another pipe price increase coming very soon.

Comment

You are going to bid yourself out of a job if you go with those weld on saddles or you are not going to make enough to justify doing the job
                          Of course you may be working for someone with no concerns about spending a large sum on a fence too

Buy you a tubing/pipe notcher or learn how to saddle pipe

I am trying to remember where I saw the notcher I am talking about. Doubt it is inexpensive but you would have it for future jobs

Comment

Put 50% on material and do the above with your labor figure.

Comment

Working...
                            X