No announcement yet.

Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For everyone who dreams and wishes they bought a long time ago think about this. If you bought 1k worth way back then when all of us really had no clue it would go anywhere or be worth anything, would you have held once your coins jumped up to being worth 5k? I doubt it... 10k? Heck no, any reasonable person would have sold.

It takes either a real gambler (like the guy who bets it all on double green at roulette and lets it ride), someone who somehow KNEW it would be worth a lot, or an idiot to buy when it was under $100 and still be holding.

It's easy to look back now and think you may have held or could have held. But how many times could you have used the extra 2k, 5k or 10k over the last 5+ years?

Comment

I would have sold a LONG time ago if I'd bought it when it was $200.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
        Huh?
        You said mining is generating "money from nothing."
        I pointed out that your statement is false.
        Just like the 3% fee a credit card collects is not "money from nothing," he's collecting fees for performing a service that is critical to the function of Bitcoin. The value of the Bitcoin he's collecting is paid in fees by the seller for every transaction he verifies.
        For every transaction the seller pays a 0.0001 BTC fee that the peer verification network gets for providing the verification service. It's called mining.
        Last edited by meltingfeather; 11-28-2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Did any of y'all have trouble setting up your account? It keeps saying merchant won't allow it to go through.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            I wish I would have bought $1,000 worth 5 years ago though.
            I did and my plan is to cash out double what I put in, which is a respectable return, and let the rest take a better than free ride for a while longer.
            oooor I could cash out for $22,000... decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
              You said mining is generating "money from nothing."
              I pointed out that your statement is false.
              Just like the 3% fee a credit card collects is not "money from nothing," he's collecting fees for performing a service that is critical to the function of Bitcoin. The value of the Bitcoin he's collecting is paid in fees by the seller for every transaction he verifies.
              For every transaction the seller pays a 0.0001 BTC fee that the peer verification network gets for providing the verification service. It's called mining.
              Well, that's not the way he explained it to me.
              He said he is GENERATING coins ... a few different ones, in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                Well, that's not the way he explained it to me.
                He said he is GENERATING coins ... a few different ones, in fact.
                What he's doing is probably way over my head... but that's mining as I understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
                  Did any of y'all have trouble setting up your account? It keeps saying merchant won't allow it to go through.
                  the bank will normally decline it the first time until you either confirm the transaction (if they text or email you) or contact them (small bank).

if anyone else signs up with coinbase use my referral code and we both get $10 after you buy $100...paid in btc of course

Coinbase is a secure online platform for buying, selling, transferring, and storing cryptocurrency.

Comment

Welp I bought into LTC. I was close to doing so when this thread was started but didn't and I've already missed out on a decent return.

Life's short, let's blow some cash

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                      the bank will normally decline it the first time until you either confirm the transaction (if they text or email you) or contact them (small bank).

if anyone else signs up with coinbase use my referral code and we both get $10 after you buy $100...paid in btc of course

https://www.coinbase.com/join/5924c25f9a8f1c00b03c4e0b

Wish you would have posted this a few hours ago.

Comment

Crypto currency is very intriguing to me. It has the making of a fad and a bubble. But I thought the same thing about Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Williams4298 View Post
                          Do y'all just have yalls debit card on the app or do y'all actually use your bank account? I'm a little hesitant to put my bank account on there.
                          You can link your bank account to Coinbase just like you do to PayPal. They will drop a couple of deposits in your account to verify it.

I opened a completely separate account for this stuff just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by JANSLEY817 View Post
                            Wish you would have posted this a few hours ago.
                            I had already posted a link with the same results earlier in this thread. Free money is free money, this way it benefits both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post

https://www.coinbase.com/join/5924c25f9a8f1c00b03c4e0b
                              Every bank has a routing number no matter how small it is. That's all you need to get your bank set up along with your account information.

Comment

One day I'll learn to use the "multi quote" feature...

Until I'll keep padding my post count...

Comment

Working...
                                X