Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine! the 22 is a neat little pistol! my son has already claimed it

Comment

Got this set today. Pretty nice. Wife claiming the 9mm already. Most of the Academy's I checked were sold out. Got the second to last one where I went today.

Comment

What cal. is the Taurus?

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
          Taurus = [emoji90]

That's fine if you want to spend your money on it, but just go into it knowing that you are spending $289 on a Heritage and getting a worthless unreliable pile of crap for free.
          you couldn't be more wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
            What cal. is the Taurus?
            9mm

Comment

Went to Academy today to purchase this. They didn't have anymore combos which is not unheard of in this store, but taking rain checks on them. No idea when they'll have them again but I went ahead and signed up for one anyway. This was the Academy in Corpus.

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                Wait until Black Friday as Academy has them for $99
                [quote=AntlerCollector;12504235]
                Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                Wait until Black Friday as Academy has them for $99

I assume you're referring to the Heritage? That's when I got mine, and paid $99. It was the plain grip though, not the black pearl.
                I have a Heritage with the interchangeable 22/22mag cylinders and I'd buy another for $100 bill all day long.

Comment

Gotta be careful with Taurus, there's some crap models and some good ones. I've always liked my PT709 Slim and it did well with drills and such so it's had lots of rounds and I'm good with the trigger although I would have thought that wouldn't be the case on initial impression. This PT111 apparently has good reviews and my son has one and he seems to like it, hasn't shot it much but said no failures so far. Time will tell. I really want to get in on this as I want that little .22 revolver for bird shot for snakes at fish camp but I really don't want the Taurus, but kinda can't resist. LOL

Comment

On the PT111 you need to tighten the front site screw from the inside and put some locktite on it. Other than that mine has well over 800 rounds thru it without a single misfire or jam. I ordered a low profile site to help get it dialed in. Can't beat the price for a twelve round little 9mm. Shoots the Dot Drill at 7 yards very well. Great little deer lease pistol for a snake killer and truck gun.

Comment

I need someone to buy the Taurus from me so I can get another Heritage.

Comment

anyone tried to get academy to match Cabelas $199 and get the free Heritage? Looking at the deal it doesnt say it excludes price matches.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie11 View Post
                          anyone tried to get academy to match Cabelas $199 and get the free Heritage? Looking at the deal it doesnt say it excludes price matches.

I doubt it. They have to have them in to sell them.

I called three different stores, and none have them in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
                            I doubt it. They have to have them in to sell them.

I called three different stores, and none have them in stock.
                            you mind telling me what stores you called? Online they say in stock but i dont want to make a trip if they are sold out...

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                              I've owned this model for several years and have had absolutely zero problems with it. Very accurate and cycled anything I put in it. Have even used it in a couple idpa matches. Gave it to my son last year when he got back from the navy so just ordered another one since cabelas has them on sale.
                              Same for me , no issues for the year + I have had mine, took my CHL shooting test with it no issues

Comment

Academy deal alert for Fathers Day

Originally posted by aggie11 View Post
                                you mind telling me what stores you called? Online they say in stock but i dont want to make a trip if they are sold out...
                                Lufkin
                                Beaumont
                                Port Arthur

I called again, to Beaumont, and they are doing rainchecks now.

Comment

Working...
                                X