Run propane to existing house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run propane to existing house

So we are buying a house in Spring Branch and all appliances are electric. The wife is adamant that she wants gas appliances and stove.

Would anyone recommend doing this?

Does anyone have a contact for someone that could install a propane tank and lines?

Does anyone have an idea on the cost for this type of service?

Any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by saintsfan View Post
    So we are buying a house in Spring Branch and all appliances are electric. The wife is adamant that she wants gas appliances and stove.

Would anyone recommend doing this?

Does anyone have a contact for someone that could install a propane tank and lines?

Does anyone have an idea on the cost for this type of service?

Any help is appreciated.
    Yes I definitely suggest running propane.
    Cooking is a lot better with gas. For me if I loose power. My water heater, stove and fire place will still work

Comment

I would recommend it. If your in Midland I would call Fuel Mark. They are in Odessa but, I'm pretty sure they service quite a few folks over there. I wouldn't use anyone else in that area.

Comment

Not sure of your house but I have owned a couple that were setup for both during construction.

Comment

Cost will depend on pier or slab. Pier just have a plumber come out and do it and once line is an into attic then drop them where you want them. Slab- different story unless it has beams around the porch and they could take it up through a beam with minimal slab breaking.

Comment

Thanks for the info. The house is on a slab. I'm thinking I should contact a plumber to get a quote, is there another trade that I should contact?

Comment

Not sure but think a master plumbers are the only ones that can legally run gas lines on existing houses. I would et a quote now just to make sure it is not a deal killer or do like me and build a outdoor kitchen and run gas and everything inside is electric. I wanted propane inside in a bad way but no way I could justify the $$$

Comment

Following this because the wife have talked about just converting our kitchen over to gas , not sold on converting the rest of the house

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Not sure but think a master plumbers are the only ones that can legally run gas lines on existing houses. I would et a quote now just to make sure it is not a deal killer or do like me and build a outdoor kitchen and run gas and everything inside is electric. I wanted propane inside in a bad way but no way I could justify the $$$
                  Propane service technicians are also certified to run gas lines.

Comment

In. We've wanted to do the same in our kitchen.

Comment

I recieved a PM from a member providing contact info for a company that can install a tank and lines. I plan on contacting them tomorrow. Once I get a price I will post up the quote for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan View Post
                        I recieved a PM from a member providing contact info for a company that can install a tank and lines. I plan on contacting them tomorrow. Once I get a price I will post up the quote for reference.
                        Suburban propane installed tank , lines to regulator and vent . Master plumber installed line in house to attic for tankless water heater. $1100 for tank and line install outside by suburban, I had them dig the trench as well since I was being lazy . Navien tankless water heater and all lines installed inside $4000. I believe suburban propane is a national company.

Comment

If your talking about Spring Branch close to Canyon Lake call Blue Sky Propane. We have them plumb all of the homes we build and they do excellent work !

Comment

Working...
                          X