No announcement yet.

You are all invited - check this out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to be a very fun shoot!! Cant wait to get there!

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
      Looking forward to this; enjoyed last year -- great setting with plenty of shade and friendly folks. Planning to be there for Sunday(work Sat.), hoping in time to shoot a couple of rounds. Am I correct in thinking that "open" categories refer to shooting carbon arrows, with "wood" meaning only wood arrows?
      Correct. Open is anything other than wood - mostly carbon but I guess some shoot aluminum.

FYI - there is a slight format change from years past. Instead of having "mulligans" you will shoot 42 targets and drop your two lowest scores.

We have some new stuff planned including shots from an elevated platform on top of a hill - it's like shooting from 20 feet up. It's gonna be fun!

Comment

Looks like Sunday will be my only option. Planning to go rattlesnake gathering Friday and Saturday.

Gary

Comment

It's looking like I'll be able to make it Saturday.
          I'll be shooting a Selfbow, would that be primitive class and do I have to use wood arrows or can I use carbon?

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
            I'll be shooting a Selfbow, would that be primitive class and do I have to use wood arrows or can I use carbon?
            Selfbow will shoot in Primative class, and you will have to use wood arrows.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              Selfbow will shoot in Primative class, and you will have to use wood arrows.

Bisch
              Thanks Bisch.
              My carbons seem to shoot better than the woodies out of this bow (maybe it's a tuning thing?)but I'm not good enough yet to worry about beating anyone, just want to enjoy a day of traditional archery and hope I don't loose too many arrows.
              Maybe this year I won't feed the armadillo.

Comment

Thanks Bisch.
                My carbons seem to shoot better than the woodies out of this bow (maybe it's a tuning thing?)but I'm not good enough yet to worry about beating anyone, just want to enjoy a day of traditional archery and hope I don't loose too many arrows.
                Maybe this year I won't feed the armadillo.
                If you are not worried about competing, just use your carbons if you want, and shoot a fun round. Most shoots will let you shoot a non competing fun round.

Bisch

Comment

If you are not worried about competing, just use your carbons if you want, and shoot a fun round. Most shoots will let you shoot a non competing fun round.

Bisch
                  Cool, thanks.

Comment

carbons out of a selfbow.. whats this world comeing too....

i'll be shooting my lonnie die bow satuday, come shoot with us...
                    Last edited by JEFFRO; 02-22-2017, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Bisch
                      Couldn't he enter into longbow open with his selfbow and carbons? Most selfbows I have seen seem to fit into the longbow class, as far as I know there is no requirement to have a laminated bow. I am not sure on this but it would seem to be ok. I would ask the match director, I cant believe it would be an issue

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                        Couldn't he enter into longbow open with his selfbow and carbons? Most selfbows I have seen seem to fit into the longbow class, as far as I know there is no requirement to have a laminated bow. I am not sure on this but it would seem to be ok. I would ask the match director, I cant believe it would be an issue

Yes, he could!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
                          carbons out of a selfbow.. whats this world comeing too....

i'll be shooting my lonnie die bow satuday, come shoot with us...
                          I don't have a group to shoot with so if that's an invite I'll accept.

I'll shoot woods in primitive class. Just gotta practice more.
                          Last edited by Geezy Rider; 02-22-2017, 08:36 AM.

Comment

And remember, we do have limited primitive camping spots available. Already have (2) that plan on tent camping, so let me know if you want a spot saved for you. Just need the info below texted to me at 817-709-7169 or emailed to me at hubbace@live.com.

Name-
                            Conact Phone # -
                            Type of Camping - RV Type/Size or Tent.

Thank you,
                            Chuck Hubbard - Cowtown Club President

Comment

Also don't forget that Cowtown does offer Camping at our location now for anyone having to travel in from out of town. So far I have 2 spots spoken for as of right now. I will be out there all weekend starting Friday morning so if you would like to see about the free camping let me know via PM or call me at 817-709-3236. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there.
                              Kevin Hubbard
                              Membership / PR Cowtown Bowmen.

Comment

Originally posted by KHUB View Post
                                Also don't forget that Cowtown does offer Camping at our location now for anyone having to travel in from out of town. So far I have 2 spots spoken for as of right now. I will be out there all weekend starting Friday morning so if you would like to see about the free camping let me know via PM or call me at 817-709-3236. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there.
                                Kevin Hubbard
                                Membership / PR Cowtown Bowmen.
                                Beat ya to it bro. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X