No announcement yet.

What's your % take home pay??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 401k, insurance and the federal government shake down, it's roughly 52%

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
      Do your companies offer any kind of a match on your 401k contributions?
      We get dollar for dollar to 7%, but I put the max allowed 20%. Usually max out around September/October depending on overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by ptaylortx View Post
        We get dollar for dollar to 7%, but I put the max allowed 20%. Usually max out around September/October depending on overtime.

That’s a horrible way to do it unless your plan has a true-up built in.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
          Looks like it's about 59%

Taxes
          Insurance for wife and kid
          HSA

If this much,,, we have to pay for all those that don't work and need that obamacare...

Comment

Single, no kids. After insurance, IRA I am at 67%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
              It will be interesting to see how many guys here complaining about being in the 60% range will be woo hoo'ing on a thread next year about their huge tax refund. ha ha ha.

I file married with 10 W4 allowances. I don't want no stinkin' refund. Give me my money now!
              I'm in the 60% range because I am sheltering my money from being taxed at all with the 401K and HSA. Unless tax percentages double by the time I retire, I should come out ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                That’s a horrible way to do it unless your plan has a true-up built in.
                They put in their 7% regardless if I max out or not. I still do an after tax 401k contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by ptaylortx View Post
                  They put in their 7% regardless if I max out or not. I still do an after tax 401k contribution.

Nice, so you max out in October and they continue contributing 7% through December? My match stops when I stop contributing so I have to be careful to make sure I can still put at least 6% in through the end of the year to maximize my company’s contribution.

Comment

Mine is basically a negative number because I only pay myself enough to keep the tax man fed and it's all spent back into the business anyhow.

Comment

53%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

61% after taxes, life insurance, and 401k.

Comment

62%, but 8% of my paycheck goes into a Roth TSP account. Got to try and maximize my retirement.

Comment

We’re at 52% on my paycheck now including CO 5% income tax. If/when my wife goes back to work we will probably end up around 45%

Comment

75%

Comment

Mine is right at 50%, but like others I max out 401K and 3 or 6% goes to a deferred spending plan. It's a nice raise around November when 401K stops coming out...

Comment

Working...
                                X