cost for cedar mulching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cost for cedar mulching?

What should I expect to pay to have cedars mulched from around a dozen or so good oak trees in Lampasas county?

Call this guy and he should give you a quote.
    David Maxwell 254-760-5076 Comanche Mulching LLC. Tell him Jeff told ya to call

Comment

My company in Tarrant Co. charges $75/cy installed with landscape jobs. For just mulching around 12 trees you probably only need 2cy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmillerdesign View Post
        My company in Tarrant Co. charges $75/cy installed with landscape jobs. For just mulching around 12 trees you probably only need 2cy.
        By mulching I'm referring to mulching standing cedar trees to the ground not adding mulch. Thanks

Comment

Nothing will grow where it lands.

Comment

I'd plan about $200/hr and that should help with the budgeting process. Some of the bigger companies won't come without a minimum hourly or acreage amount.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Nothing will grow where it lands.
              Completely inaccurate statement. True if your pile is a foot deep but then oak and other woody plant break through.

If it is a thin layer of mulch less than about 3", it'll get good recovery of grasses pretty quick.

Comment

Ok. Plan on it adding a lot of acid to your soil. You will need to therefore have to add lime and work it in soil. I learned by experience and now all my Cedar goes up in smoke

Comment

Art how big are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    Art how big are they?
                    Must of the stuff I'm talking about is less than 2" diameter.

Comment

Ok. Plan on it adding a lot of acid to your soil. You will need to therefore have to add lime and work it in soil. I learned by experience and now all my Cedar goes up in smoke
                      I just don't want them sucking all the moisture away from my good trees. I don't need anything growing under them. It would be a plus if nothing did.

Comment

Fire will take those out and you have time to do it before spring green up.

Teenagers with loppers, weed eater with a blade also works quick.

Comment

Don't want this to turn into a p1551ng match but I've been part of a cedar clearing project that cleared nearly 2,000 acres of virgin old growth cedar and we didn't have any of those issues nor any need to add amendments to the soil.

We saw big bluestem pop up the very next year in many places that were just rock and shade from the big cedars previously.

Comment

Without some professional help I wont consider burning. It's so thick I'm afraid I'd catch the county on fire.

Comment

Land clearing services statewide | Brush clearing | Cedar mulching | Mesquite grubbing | Hand crew cutting & chipping | Restoring land | Free estimate

These guys are out of Comfort.

Below is what they say as far as the grass growing. Does the cedar mulch help out the oak trees at all?

Yes, grass will grow through the mulch as long as the density of the mulch is not over 2 to 3 inches thick. You will have areas of mulch that are thicker than 2 to 3 inches when we are clearing very dense and large stands of cedar. You may also have thick areas of mulch in areas where the cleared vegetation has been piled. We do our best to spread the material out but sometimes there is no way around it. If it is too thick for your needs, then you may choose to have us come back and re-mulch it. This will promote a quicker decay of the mulched material.

Comment

Working...
                              X